Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent and Job Success Score

wm27
Community Leader
Md.Waled B Member Since: Jul 27, 2016
21 of 39

thanks mam but one more thing,  my one job is inactive out of  4 progressing jobs for the long time (almost 14 months). and only after finishing the first milestone (client budget was $4), i am trying to my client let me do his project by making the second milestones or kindly end the inactive contract. i requested him many times but he doesn't response me even i told him that if he was not satisfied with my finishing task then i am also ready to resolve the project without extra costs. after this proposed he doesn't also response me any more! so, mam advise me what can i do now about this inactive project and the client.

by the way mam, can this inactive job decrease my JSS scores?

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
22 of 39

14 months means they are ignoring you

just close it yourself

yes it will affect your jss but there is nothing you can do

wm27
Community Leader
23 of 39

hi mam, jennifer

thank you for your kind information but how can i myself close this contract? is there any path available to close it.

lavanpath
Lavan P Member Since: Jul 3, 2016
24 of 39

1. Click on the "My Jobs" option from the top menu.

2. Click "Job Details" from the contract in question. 

3. Click "End Contract" from the right-hand side, next to "Give a Refund".

wm27
Community Leader
25 of 39

Hi sir, Lavan

but upwork will let me do it ? or next time , will i not face any trouble if i do it according to direction?

lavanpath
Lavan P Member Since: Jul 3, 2016
26 of 39

You should be able to do it no problem, and you won't face any repercussions. However, the one downside is that when clients close a contract, they are forced to provide feedback (that counts towards your Job Success Score), however when freelancers terminate a contract, no such restrictions are placed on clients.

wm27
Community Leader
27 of 39

thank you sir for your helpful information.

wm27
Community Leader
28 of 39

but sir, something is problem there.please see the attachment.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
29 of 39

You're kinda an example as to why English is important for success on the platform.

But oy vey that wording in the message. I had to do a double take to understand what it meant.

wm27
Community Leader
30 of 39

ok. so now tell me , am i able to refund to the client from my upwork available funds or somehow?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS