🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Rising Talent but didn't receive connects
Page options
allenk732
Community Member

Rising Talent but didn't receive connects

I just got Rising Talent status today and the badge appears in my profile but I did not receive the extra 30 connects that was supposed to come with it. Does it take a few days for that to show up or is there someone I need to contact.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

611 REPLIES 611
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeremy,

Please, note that it can take up to 48 hours for the system to update and award you your 30 free connects. Let us know if you haven't received your connects after 48 hours and we'll assist you further.

Upwork Help Center offers a variety of support options. You can always reach out to us here in the Community and we'll gladly assist you with any concern you might have or have the correct support team assist you.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I just got Rising Talent badge but couldn't get one-time bonus connects.

What is the problem and what is the solution?

Hi Osman,

It can take up to 48 hours for the system to update and award you your 30 free connects. Let us know if you haven't received your connects after 48 hours and we'll assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Valeria!

I just got recognized as a Rising Talent today.

But I did not get my one-time bonus of 30 free Connects for you to submit more proposals to clients. 🙂

Best,

Genesis

Hi Genesis,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the connects to be awarded on your profile. If you still haven't received the connects after 48 hours, let us know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi!

Thank you for the prompt reply, much appreciated!

Best,
Genesis

Hello, I did not received my free connects for the rising talent badge and it has been more than 48 hours. How and when can I get it?

Hi Kimberly,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
djordje-trsic
Community Member

I am a rising star for some time and I have run out of connects. Do I need to apply for those extra connects or what? Any advice will be helpful. 

Hi Djordje,

Rising star will not help to get more connects. If you need more connects, you have to take the "Plus Membership" Plan.

To do it, go to

"Settings"

Click on "Membership and Connects"

Click on "View or edit membership plan"

Click on "Upgrade" button on the right top on the "Plus" section.

Remember, it will cost you $10 for a month.

You will get 10 extra connects and will get back all rollover connects up to 140 connects. Ok, you will get all the info there.

Hope it solves your problem.

Thanks

Sagar

I read this and it clearly says that if you become rising star you will get 30 connects for free once. Am I mistaken somewhere this is taken from an official Upwork site.    Program Perks

As a Rising Talent, you receive the following perks:

• A Rising Talent badge on your profile to help you stand out to clients
  • Inclusion in a premium talent pool from which top clients source talent
  • A one-time bonus of 30 free Connects for you to submit more proposals to clients
  • 0% fees for all jobs with new clients you bring to Upwork
  • Access to chat and ticket support from a specialized customer support team
  • Personalized profile tips to help you effectively market your freelance services.  

Hi Djordje,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you, Bojan.

Hi, Bojan.

I'm having the same issue. I'd appreciate it if you contacted me to explain how do I get my "Rising Talent" bonus connects. 

Here it clearly says that's one of the perks of being one.

Thanks!

Hi Franco,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Our team has already credited you your bonus connects, you can check your connects history for more details. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi ! 

I also get my rising talent profile but I did not receive the 30 connect bonus, can anyone help me?

Hi Carolina,

Please note that it can take up to 48 hours for the system to update and award you your 30 free connects. Let us know if you haven't received your connects after 48 hours and we'll assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

@Sagar S wrote:

Rising star will not help to get more connects.

And once again: Absolute nonsense. One of the perks of Rising Talent status is a set of free Connects.

delia88
Community Member

How do I get my extra 30 connects please?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Delia,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users who's profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you'll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge and 30 free connects within 48 hours.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, upwork

I recieved the rising talent but I didn't recieved the free connects.

please help me.

Hi Carlos, Aleksandar, and Senad, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your Rising Talent connects. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ishakura
Community Member

Hello! I have the same issue. I am a Rising Star but haven't received extra connections.

Hi Irene,

A team member will reach out and assist you regarding your bonus connects. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

Likewise, I also don't think I have received my extra connects yet! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Aki

mishas67
Community Member

As I saw on this forum, I have the same problem as few other freelancers. I got the rising talent badge, but not the 30 bonus connects.

Hi Mihailo, 

Our team will check this from our end and award the connects manually or reach out to you directly with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kiongoken
Community Member

Hey, I was enrolled on the Rising Talent program and I received the badge but I'm yet to receive the 30 Connects. Please assist

Hi Ken,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the connects to be awarded on your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
amkhatri
Community Member

Hello, 

I have got rising talent badge on January 27th, 2019 but did not received 30 connects till now. Please assist me on that issue.

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

The Customer Support Team will assist you with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi! 

I have the same problems, got the badge, but no connects, although it's been almost a week now.

Can someone assist me?

Thanks,

Denis

Hi Denis,

We'll share your account details with the team so that they can check and assist you further, thank you for your patience.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I too received my rising talent badge 2 days ago but didn't receive connects till now. It would be great if you guys can have a look. Thanks 

Hi Muneeb,

I have already escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly to assist you in getting those connects. Appreciate your patience. 

charniauskiroman
Community Member

Hello,

About 5 days ago I became a "Rising Talent", and I'm very happy about that!

**Edited for community guidelines**

Sadly, I still didn't receive my 30 bonus connects. Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks,

Roman

Hi Roman,

Congratulations on receiving Rising Talent badge. I'll share your account information with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly and manually award you your 30 free connects. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, Bojan.

I did wait for your reply but unfortunately, I didn't receive any connect and any update from my account.
Could you please tell me what the reason is?

Thanks, Roman

Hi Roman,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hijaziebadsyed
Community Member

I got the same thing but I contacted Upwork Customer support and they solved my issue. They are very helpful. I really appreciate them
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths