Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rising Talent, extreme ends of the scale

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
James T Member Since: Oct 12, 2015
1 of 5

I have been looking at the rising talent award. I have also been looking through the freelancer database and feedbacks etc....

Rising Talent is offered  like this 'This freelancer has already demonstrated strong performance but doesn’t have enough work history to earn a Job Success score'

Looking at profiles and from members on this forum there seems to be 2 huge and very extreme ends of the rising talent stick....

On one end you have a freelancer with 0 jobs, 100% profile - Rising Talent.....

On the other, you have a freelancer with 1055 hours and over 60 jobs completed - Rising Talent

Maybe I am missing something here?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 5

Tis the almighty algorithm at work.........the one that is king.....and knows everything.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 5

Hi James,

Interesting observation. If you come across a profile with more than completed jobs and a Rising Talent badge, could you please send it to me in a private message? We will check it.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
James T Member Since: Oct 12, 2015
4 of 5

Juat scroll down a few pages of the freelancers list and there re many

Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
5 of 5

The bulk of the jobs completed by those experienced Rising Talent Freelancers may be old. I have 21 jobs completed, but I've recently returned to Upwork and  haven't completed many jobs since then, so I qualified for Rising Talent and currently still have no JSS.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS