🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Rising Talent query
Page options
nicholasholder
Community Member

Rising Talent query

Hi there

I wondered if anyone could clarify what is necessary to be considered for/sent an invitation for the rising talent badge?

I am still in the position of trying to bag that first job. Is it possible to get the accolade before completing a job? If so is there a certain amount of jobs that need to be applied for within a period of time (for example) to be considered? I am worried about a catch 22 situation of having no job experience on the platform and no rising talent badge seriously effecting my chances of a successful proposal.

I notice one of the criteria is 

• Pass the Upwork Readiness Test

Do I have to have completed a job/jobs to be invited to the test or is it possible if you are regularly submitting proposals?

Another criteria mentions a 100% complete Profile. Is there a way I can double check my profile is considered '100% complete'?

Any tips greatly appreciated.

All the best

Nick

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there.

Thanks for this, very useful indeed.

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
flrgx
Community Member

You get a completeness score as you fill out more of your profile. Just keep exploring all the areas you can update until it says 100%.

Also, start applying for "good" jobs and be sure to charge a respectable fee. Don't work for $2 an hour or anything like that, it devalues you and makes it easier for other people to undercut good workers like yourself who are worth more.

Hi, thanks for the reply and sorry for my late one.

I havn't been able to find a completeness score on my profile, which is exactly what I am after (to be able to see when it gets to 100%).

Could you point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Nicholas H wrote:

I havn't been able to find a completeness score on my profile, which is exactly what I am after (to be able to see when it gets to 100%).

Could you point me in the right direction?

It is on your My Stats Page - right at the very  bottom.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for your interest with getting the rising talent badge.

New freelancers are added to the program when they qualify. Qualifying new freelancers will be invited to the program via email (see Eligibility criteria). Follow the link in your email invitation to take the Upwork Readiness Test and complete your enrollment in the Rising Talent program. Note that, you can't apply to join if you weren't invited. You may want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Learn more about Rising Talent here. Let me know if there's anything else.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there.

Thanks for this, very useful indeed.

Cheers

I was invited, but had to answer my door just as I started the questionnaire. By the time I returned it had timed out. How do I get another chance to take the test?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths