🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising Talent replaced with 100% JSS, but I d...
Page options
lukema_amination
Community Member

Rising Talent replaced with 100% JSS, but I don't get jobs like before

I'm just been curious here, my Rising Talent Badge got replaced with 100% JSS which I think it's a good thing. But I dont get jobs like before when I was still a Rising Talent. When I was a rising talent, i got interviewed often , but ever since it have been replaced, I have only been interviewed once. I just want to know if the Rising Talent is more favoured than a 100% JSS among clients.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
versailles
Community Member

You went from rising talent to fully talented which is scary because now they think they are not worth working with you.

I'm joking.

The truth is that Upwork rotates freelancers in search results. It was your turn, it's not anymore and it will be again. In the meanwhile, since now you're amongst the best you may want to raise your posted hourly rate so clients take you seriously.

If I see a rising talent with a low rate, I understand that they are trying to get established. But when I see a top rated with such a low rate I think that even he or she doesn't value their work that much.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
versailles
Community Member

You went from rising talent to fully talented which is scary because now they think they are not worth working with you.

I'm joking.

The truth is that Upwork rotates freelancers in search results. It was your turn, it's not anymore and it will be again. In the meanwhile, since now you're amongst the best you may want to raise your posted hourly rate so clients take you seriously.

If I see a rising talent with a low rate, I understand that they are trying to get established. But when I see a top rated with such a low rate I think that even he or she doesn't value their work that much.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

I agree, a $5.00 rate is rediculous - it may be good in your home country, but this is an internnational platform and you should set your rate at the same level other with similar experience set it

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths