Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent with Zero Runway

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
11 of 15

They don't give a formu;a for JSS. When you quoted

"I just found on the site the following formula for JSS -  successful contract outcomes -negative contract outcomes X whatever blah blah", that is merely an incredibly simplified guess at it. They pride themselves on it being complex and uncrackable and unknowable.

As an aside, and for as long as it's allowed to stay up, I came across this on a writers' site I followed from a job posting on here. I can't link directly as it links to the client's individual page, but here is the gist. (Bear with me...) There is a score on the site that every uploaded piece of writing gets. And with refreshing honesty, in the floating help pop-up, here's how they describe it:

"Aahhh the SmartyPants score! There's quite a story behind it. It all started in 2012 when a few Tablo engineers decided to build an algorithm that could work out the intelligence of a book. It started off swimmingly. The algorithm looked at your word length, complexity, sentence length, paragraph length and crunched it all into a single number out of 100. If your smartypants score was closed to 100 you had a smarter book. Then one day, after a major update, the smartypants score started going crazy. It began learning. It began looking at more things like font size, character shape, girth, texture and smell. The smartypants score became so smart that it took on a mind of its own. Nowadays it will rise, fall, fluctuate or freeze without any clear explanation. Today, the smartypants score has a mind of its own. No one at Tablo, or indeed anywhere in the world, knows what it does."

For smartypants score read......

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
12 of 15

They did indeed give me a JSS score today which is why they removed the "Rising Talent" badge.  They gave me a score of 100% and a "Top Rated" badge.  I certainly appreciate it but would recommend that if they are going to send an email kicking you out of say Rising Talent that they either explain why or do it after the new badge is awarded.  It would just save uncessary confusion and support time.   Hopefully I am able to keep this new badge for more than 6-days! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 15

ha a positive outcome to kill the pessimism.

yay for JSS week on the forums. Now we can listen to everyone tell us about how they are legends among freelancers.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
14 of 15

@Jennifer M wrote:

ha a positive outcome to kill the pessimism.

Never!  I'm going to remind everyone that I had my JSS kicked up to 100% on the Nov 1st update only to have it kicked down to 80% on the Nov 15th update for no logical reason.

There's hope for you yet, Scott!  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
15 of 15

lol well thank you Darrin for keeping me out of the clouds. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS