Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent !!

odrissho
Community Guru
MD Shahadat H Member Since: Dec 7, 2015
1 of 33

I Have noticed a astonishing thing in someone's profile !! It is "Rising talent" !! The freelancer's don't have any work history, no job in progress even The freelancer Posted here in Community for not getting a first Job !! How this freelnacer could be a Rising talent? can anyone tell me? When i kept my mouse on "Rising talent" word it showed me " The freelancer has already demonstrated strong performance but doesn't have enough work history to earn a job success score" !! How the freelancer demonstrated without doing any job?

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
2 of 33

@MD.Shahadat H wrote:

I Have noticed a astonishing thing in someone's profile !! It is "Rising talent" !! The freelancer's don't have any work history, no job in progress even The freelancer Posted here in Community for not getting a first Job !! How this freelnacer could be a Rising talent? can anyone tell me? When i kept my mouse on "Rising talent" word it showed me " The freelancer has already demonstrated strong performance but doesn't have enough work history to earn a job success score" !! How the freelancer demonstrated without doing any job?

I wouldn't get all jealous ..lol..

Most information about Upwork things are on Upwork and accessible if you go to the help and support tab. I did the work for you so here you go: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent 

odrissho
Community Guru
3 of 33

Thanks Mariska to work for me !! You provided for me a link !! I am just honored !!

But for your kind information, I read this article more than 5 times before you mentioning about this link. Actually You didn't get my point. How a freelancer could be a Rising talent without any job history, How a freelancer be a Rising talent without getting any early success when the Upwork have started the article as " Rising Talent freelancers have strong backgrounds in their fields and have demonstrated early success with their clients on Upwork."  I talked about someone's profile who didn't have any job history, no job in progress even that freelancer Posted here for not getting a Job but how the freelancer got this "Rising talent" designation !! I can't share the freelancer's profile link for privacy concern !!

Do You understand me on this occassion?

and979
Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
4 of 33

What I find weird is that "only a small, randomly selected subset of eligible freelancers can participate at this time. If you are selected, you will receive an email welcoming you to the program or inviting you to complete your profile to qualify."

Anyway, if I were you I wouldn't care too much about this little badge... you can only build your portfolio by working hard, and not being randomly chosen. Unless Upwork is turning to lotto.

odrissho
Community Guru
5 of 33

If i were you i would say the same thing may be !! But You know what, i am not you so that i can't think like you !!  It's really easy to say something like that for you now cause you have already made a good work history!! ( i know by hardwork) . Be honest, could you think that way when you start your upwork career?  I am sure, not. Because if i get something which will help me to get a Job i will wise to have it. I will be worry about it.

and979
Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
6 of 33

Be honest, could you think that way when you start your upwork career?

When I started my career on here I got a job after a four or five months. And I didn't complain. I'm sure you'll find your way here. Just don't give up, stop complaining and follow the countless good advices you can find in the forum to improve your profile. Good luck!

aycamara
Ace Contributor
Armela C Member Since: Jun 6, 2015
7 of 33

Dear Everyone.

I finally  got my first  job  in UpWork!  It  is  an  hour job  per  week,  yes,  a  piece-meal,  an  evaluation  job  that  leads  to  a  continuing client- freelancer or  teamwork  job.   So  despite  the timing  of  the  cursor since  I  am a  60wpm  writer with several  manuscripts  behind  me,  and  despite the  gitches with the fiber  optics -lens  relation  of  Phonetic Science,  the  typographical  errors  do  matter,  and  can  be used  by  competition.  Thats  an anti-fair  competition and statutes  of  fraud  element,  and if  we  are  to deliver  the  best  in  our  fields,  we  have  to contend with  the  scientifc  elements  of  the tools,  equipment,  carry  waves  and  the  competition  around  and what  they  are  willing  to do.

lucky12005
Sultana Kabir L Member Since: Jun 2, 2016
8 of 33

I think the designation "Rising Talent" could be on the profile which is reputed and has achieved good feedback as it is a precondiaiton for  "Top Rated".

aycamara
Ace Contributor
Armela C Member Since: Jun 6, 2015
9 of 33

I  noticed that  the First  JOB in  Wpwork is the most  important.   It  is   an  ice-breaker.  Employers  will always  get  those  with  hirings  already, right?  

So,  for fair  competition, since  the  Admin  is  already  practicing  the  principle  of ESCROWSH:::IP, they .also  apply  COGNIZANCE.   Cognizance  is a legal  term  of  "knowing,  know". Cognizance  can  be  practiced  administratively   when  they  have  an  employee  and    say  Upwork  Employee!  In  effect, there is   a  Cognizance. from  the  etimology  line of  Cognito.  Though  I  havent  gotten  my  firrst  job  in  Upwork yet,  I  am  now   a   Power  Member!   Bravo  and  thanks  to  the  Team!

I think  someone  else  has messed  Work  History. I have  a long  line  of  work  history   and I input it, but  the  system  only  gets  3  entries, but  when  i logged  in again,   it  was  gone.   I   am an Artist,  when  I write and I paint or when I do a creative  task,  it  is the  moment of  creation that  is  lost  at  that  time.  Its  not  that  easy  for  me  to  do  it  all  over  again becasue  losing  picture  albums,  a  painting,  is also  taking  out  a little something  within.

It  must  just  be a  computer  glitch.  

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 33

Hi MD. Shahadat,

If a freelancer's profile indicates that they have great skills and services to offer, they have been submitting complete and thoughtful proposals to projects relevant to their skill set, and they have complied with the Terms of Service, they can qualify for the RIsing Talent program even if they haven't completed any jobs yet.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS