cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talent !!

k_picken
Kristine P Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
21 of 33

I was invited to complete all requirements for the Rising Talent badge. I am new to Upwork but not new to freelancing. 

I have many years of experience as a Graphic Designer and I do know that shows in my portfolio. Strong skills, proven work.

I believe this is only reserved for people who are NEW to Upwork and a way to generate come backs. Do not forget that Upwork receives 10% of all project monies.

odrissho
Community Guru
MD Shahadat H Member Since: Dec 7, 2015
22 of 33

I don't know what to reply to you. But you must understand why upwork make this site? For not getting any benefit? no. Do you do any work for a client for free? no. As the same way Upwork taking the fees. They didn't hide it, They already told or published it as their terms and condition. If you work here You have to obey their terms and condition. 10 % fee really don't hurt me. Because I am using their platform to work & i should pay some fees for it. @ kristine

and979
Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
23 of 33

Hmm... you didn't get what Kristine wanted to say... I think she wanted to point out that freelancers (even if new on here) with a well crafted portfolio showing a proven experience are more likely to be chosen as 'Rising Talents'.

I'm not insisting on this point anymore, just take a look at Kristine's profile and maybe you'll understand that a badge automatically doesn't give you any jobs.

k_picken
Kristine P Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
24 of 33

Thank you Andrea.

odrissho
Community Guru
MD Shahadat H Member Since: Dec 7, 2015
25 of 33

You didn't understand me too !! did i say ever it will give me the job automatically? No, i didn't. I told that it will help you or me to get a job early. I didn't say automatically, but i think this badge kind of inspiration which also make your profile more attractive. @ Andrea

and979
Community Guru
26 of 33

Believe me or not, a badge is not the key to success. And it never will be. Focus your attention elsewhere. For instance, if I were you I would review your profile following the guidelines provided here and there across the site. Then maybe you'll have a chance to get that long-desired badge.

adhanet_
Adhanet P Member Since: Mar 7, 2016
27 of 33

@MD Shahadat H wrote:

@You didn't understand me too !! did i say ever it will give me the job automatically? No, i didn't. I told that it will help you or me to get a job early. I didn't say automatically, but i think this badge kind of inspiration which also make your profile more attractive. @ Andrea

Don't even bother at this point................. they are playing with you Smiley Very Happy

Try to find out if you can buy a badge 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
28 of 33

Hi Adhanet,

Please be advised that users can't purchase the Rising Talent badge or entry into this program.

Untitled
jackiepeeler
Community Guru
Jacqueline P Member Since: Dec 28, 2015
29 of 33

Here is a slightly different view of this. I mostly try to avoid complaining, but when something is unfair it is possible that Upwork admin could perceive that and correct it at some point. 

OK, so it seems selected new Upwork members have a chance at this perk. But some transferring from Elance are penalized instead when a good star rating turn into a JS that hinders getting work here. But the affected Elancer doesn't have a chance at the perk, because they have a JS score. (If I have read correctly that this is only for new people without one).

I want to stay positive about Upwork, but it seems unfair to have a 5-star rating turn into an unattractive JS score of 75. That has to mean Upwork looks at job success differently, so calculates it differently. But that's changing it after the fact, using stats gathered from a different company with different policies. That's the part that seems unfair to me.

I wasn't on Elance long before the switch was announced, so it's not like I built up a lot of history there, but what there was was good. I'm sure it's been harder on others with more investment..

and979
Community Guru
30 of 33

Jacqueline,

while I don't change my mind about the badge in itself, I do agree with you that a bad conversion rate that gives you a 75% JSS is something truly unfair. If one was a 5-stars freelancer on Elance, he/she deserves at least to be included in the Top Rated section on Upwork.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS