Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising Talents -> Job Success Score(JSS) Process

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
11 of 27

Hi Poh Yee,

I agree that you'll probably get a Job Success Score this Sunday after 12pm UTC time. In the meantime, feel free to submit proposals for jobs that include the preference you noted, provided you have the required skill set to complete the job successfully. Your proposal will be displayed to clients and you can get hired on these jobs.

Untitled
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 27

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Poh Yee,

I agree that you'll probably get a Job Success Score this Sunday after 12pm UTC time. In the meantime, feel free to submit proposals for jobs that include the preference you noted, provided you have the required skill set to complete the job successfully. Your proposal will be displayed to clients and you can get hired on these jobs.

Didn't you say it now needed 5 completed jobs rather than 4 recently?

I think the reason for the loss of Rising Talent may have more to do with the "no feedback" contract than getting a JSS.... 

wisely_ng
Poh Yee N Member Since: Mar 9, 2017
13 of 27

Hi Petra,

I'm not sure how the system work but as i know i had work on 5 jobs. 

3 Jobs - complete - with feedback

1 job - in progress 

1 job - complete - no feedback given.

Possibly like you said, maybe because the client not give me the feedback and cause me lose the rising talent badge? 

vladag
Community Manager
14 of 27

Hi Petra,

To clarify, freelancers can get a JSS even after completing less than five contracts, as long as those contracts were created by three different clients. I posted before that most freelancers will get the score after completing 5 contracts, and others after completing less or more than that.

Untitled
masscheleyn-veer
Ace Contributor
Veerle M Member Since: Jan 31, 2017
15 of 27

Vladimir G., I have had more than three contracts and they were created by three different clients, so why is it that I still don't have a JSS? Nor have I ever recieved a rising talent badge! 

Apparently the systems has it flaws. 

vladag
Community Manager
16 of 27

Hi Veerle,

Please note that not all contracts are the same and you'll need to complete one or two more contracts in order to get a Job Success Score. Also, the Rising Talent status is assigned to users automatically and not all users are recognized by the system as eligible for this status. Note that completing contracts on Upwork is not a requirements, but your performance on Upwork can affect your eligibility. Please note that we can't share specific information regarding the Job Success Score calculation and you can find a full list of requirements for becoming a Rising Talent in this Help article.

Untitled
wisely_ng
17 of 27

Hi Vladimir,

I'm glad to hear that because i had get no jobs within these two weeks.It's quite frustrate also since i'm trying to work hard and bid on the project. I'm regret in not asking this problems earlier and cause me not much 'connects' left. Smiley LOL Thanks anyway!

masscheleyn-veer
Ace Contributor
18 of 27

Hello fellow upworkers,

You guys are so lucky to have your 'rising talents' badge. I had the misfortune that my first contract was never finished. I got paid as it was funded in Escrow, but it was never ended by the client. All my following projects have been good and I had excellent reviews throughout. It is really disturbing that this client has messed things up for me. I don't know how I can solve this issue.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

wisely_ng
19 of 27

Hi Veerle,

We have the same problem which is one of my contract was never finished (I don't think it's finished since the client is not response me in the half way). I'm also same with you got paid because it was funded in Escrow, and the contract also end by me, and because of that i'm lose my badge 'rising talents' maybe. 

How long you work in Upwork? I saw your profile have several job history, how can you not get your Job Success Score(JSS) even if had skip the rising talent badge process? Actually i'm not so sure about the system. But basically if follow the requirement state should be a found a solution. 

masscheleyn-veer
Ace Contributor
20 of 27

Hi Poh Yee

I've been here for about four months. I also find the system dubious. I'm a dedicated professional who has been working hard to always sumit quality work. Therefore my reviews have always been excellent. But then one client messes it up for me and it shouldn't be like that. It is unfair and shows an utter lack of respect from the client. But apparently you can't do anything about which is very frustrating. I wish Upwork would change the system or at least give me advice as to how to get out of this mess. Very disturbing and it makes it hard to find jobs. 

I hope this discussion will provide us with some answers. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS