🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising talent badge granted by Upwork, but it...
Page options
lra1000
Community Member

Rising talent badge granted by Upwork, but it's not on my profile

Hello, 

Many similar questions but I couldn't find one specific to my situation. 

I was notified by Upwork, that if I complete the readiness test, I will earn the Rising Talent badge. 

I've done the test, was informed I have earned the badge, but after 10 days, it is still not on my profile. 

Could anyone explain why, or a suggest a resolution please? 

Thank you, 

Louie 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Louie,

Please keep in mind that the readiness test is only one of the requirements to receive the badge. 

However, since you've already received your Job Success Score you will not receive the Rising Talent badge as well. Freelancers can't have both on their profiles at the same time.
Now you can start working towards becoming a Top Rated freelancer, to learn more about this check out this guide. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Louie,

Please keep in mind that the readiness test is only one of the requirements to receive the badge. 

However, since you've already received your Job Success Score you will not receive the Rising Talent badge as well. Freelancers can't have both on their profiles at the same time.
Now you can start working towards becoming a Top Rated freelancer, to learn more about this check out this guide. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

Oh okay thanks. Strange of Upwork to offer Rising Talent badge if I also qualify for the JSS then. Either way, thanks for that. 

ericaandrews
Community Member

It's because you worked jobs or earned money faster than they could issue the 'rising talent' badge - which is the lowest 'tier' badge and lower than having a JSS.  That can happen if you land a big contract and work lots of hours  because your earnings jump across the badge "qualification" thresholds faster: You can qualify for 2 badges at once, but get the 'higher' of the 2 on your profile.  I never had a 'rising talent' badge either or a 'top rated' either on my profile. I went straight from nothing then to a JSS for a while one pay cycle it just jumped to top rated plus  (over 10k) suddenly. Depending on how much you earn, a single pay cycle can 'bump' you across badge tiers 🙂

Hey Eric, 

That makes a lot of sense now. I didn't realise the Rising Talent badge was inferior to having a JSS. Indeed my earnings grew quite rapidly, rendering this badge useless. 

Thanks for the clarification! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members