Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising talent badge?

adham-kharoub
Adham K Member Since: Jul 20, 2018
1 of 6

Hi all. How do you do?

I was just wondering if I have any chance at a rising talent badge anytime soon? I searched for the requirements and compared them to my current status, as below:

1- Pass the Upwork Readiness Test. (Done)

2- Have at least one contract and deliver great results to your clients. (Now I have two, with ratings of 4.6 and 5.0)

3- Complete your projects on time and as promised. (Done)

4- Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your professional credentials. (Done)

5- Keep your availability status up-to-date. (Done)

6- Regularly submit proposals to projects relevant to your skill set. (Done)

7- Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service. (Done)

8- Have been active in the past 90 days (submitting proposals or delivering work) or have joined in the past 30 days. (Done, I think. I join several times everyday even if I have absolutely nothing to do)

So, what am I missing here maybe? Anyone has experience in this can help?

Thanks in advance.

dremru
Emanuele R Member Since: Aug 3, 2018
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Hi Adham.

Unlike the Top Rated badge, which is awarded immediately upon meeting all criteria, the Rising Talent one can take several weeks before being awarded, mainly because the "deliver great results" to your clients is up to interpretation, and usually means that clients have to give you a perfect private rating in addition to the public one, and that might be the reason you are not eligible for the badge.

If you look at other posts similar to yours, there are many people that never got it and went straight to the JSS, or even some that got it only a few days before getting the JSS.

All in all, don't worry too much about it. I myself got the badge around 2 weeks after landing my first job on Upwork, and did not see a angible increase in the number of job i was getting, so just do your best and wait. Aim at a good JSS, not at the rising badge.

View solution in original post

adham-kharoub
Adham K Member Since: Jul 20, 2018
3 of 6

Helpful information indeed. I thought it's an automatic process.

Thanks Sir. I really appreciate it.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

@Adham K wrote:

Helpful information indeed. I thought it's an automatic process.

It is  an automated process and if you qualified you would have got it by now. The 4.6 job and it's private feedback are probably what did it. Work towards a decent JSS, you won't get Rising Talent Status.

kuldeepkaur33
Kuldeep K Member Since: Jan 7, 2019
5 of 6

rising talent badge is not displaying on my profile why i have cleared upwork readiness test already past 2-5 days.

Thanks

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 6

Hi Kuldeep,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS