🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rising talent badge.
Page options
sri_shubh
Community Member

Rising talent badge.

I did recieve my rising talent badge yet. Why?
9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Shubham S wrote:
I did recieve my rising talent badge yet. Why?

You don't qualify for it. One of your contracts ended with the client less than entirely happy.

Does 4 stars doesn't mean happy? The miscommunication by thr client led that to 4 stars and 5.

Shubham S wrote:
Does 4 stars doesn't mean happy? The miscommunication by thr client led that to 4 stars and 5.

The **AVERAGE** star rating for freelancers on Upwork is 4.9 - and the public feedback doesn't affect the metrics hardly at all anyway, it's the private feeback that counts. 

So this means I got a negative feedback privately? What should I do now to get eligibility?

Shubham S wrote:
So this means I got a negative feedback privately? What should I do now to get eligibility?

You won't get eligibility. You won't get a Rising Talent badge. That ship has sailed. Once you have completed another 1 to 3 contracts, you will get a Job Success Score. If you can get it to and keep it at over 90% for 13 weeks and fulfil all the other requirements, you could eventually qualify for top rated status

Now, I got all my feedbacks with good ratings. All my clients are satisfied and happy now. Will I get rising talent now?

Shubham S wrote:
Now, I got all my feedbacks with good ratings. All my clients are satisfied and happy now. Will I get rising talent now?

You can only get the Rising Talent once. If it's gone, it's gone and you cannot get it back.

Shubham S wrote:

Whatever do you mean? Did you seriously bother that poor client to change his feedback???

It was in vain.

The private feedback  can't be changed, even when unprofessional freelancers ask their clients to change the public feedback. It is the real (honest) private feedback that drives the metrics because public feedback (stars) is meaningless. 

First of all He wasn't a poor client. He already told me that he realized the mistakes in his files. So, I did not bothered him at that time to change the feedback. And if upwork is providing the feature to update the feedback then I don't think it's unprofessional at all. What I think unprofessional is the way people talk to strangers, this really shows their upbringing. Anyways, thanks. You weren't helpful at all.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths