🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 'Rising talent' status and tips
Page options
rahulsharma108
Community Member

'Rising talent' status and tips

I have got 'Rising talent' badge.Still i can't see any advantage of it.Because it's been a week and i perfectly bided on 4-5 jobs and there was no answer. Its like a good thing of me that i accept flaws in myself and my profile.Can anyone help me and specially upwork to give me customized profile tips any experienced guy can also give tips and find flaws in my profile.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can rely on that fluency badge all you want, but your use of the language in your post suggests otherwise. Phrases like "perfectly bided" are not common. Not saying this as an insult, but rather to make you aware that if it makes you look like you are misrepresenting yourself, which makes a client question your credibility. So if this just like a mistake of, oh I'm not really paying attention, then whatever, but please do go through your proposals to make sure they don't look like your post, which does look like someone not fluent. When things look like they don't match up, a client then questions your credibility and might pass you over. So just double check everything to make sure your fluency comes through. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
robin_hyman
Community Member

Rahul S wrote:
I have got 'Rising talent' badge.Still i can't see any advantage of it.Because it's been a week and i perfectly bided on 4-5 jobs and there was no answer. Its like a good thing of me that i accept flaws in myself and my profile.Can anyone help me and specially upwork to give me customized profile tips any experienced guy can also give tips and find flaws in my profile.

Your command of the English language on the forum does not match your profile.  My guess is your proposals are more in-line with your post and someone helped you with the profile.  That is off-putting to a client.  

Besides from that, you're a dime a dozen on Upwork.  You're competing with graphic designers with lots more experience on and off the platform.  It's a difficult field.  Try to stand out in your profile and in your proposals.  

Soon you will have a JSS and hopefully be Top Rated shortly afterwards.  That will help, but not guarantee jobs.  You just have to keep trying. 

Hi,
Thanks a lot for replying to my question. That English fluency badge is not a fluke. I have a certificate of Pearson Test of English ( in which I scored 7.5 out of 9 in all 4 prospects of English). Below I have attached that certificate (all scores are out of 90). Due to nervousness, I arose that question on forum in a hurry which resulted in some grammatical mistakes. This may be happening with my proposals too, As only in 5-10 minutes more than 20 freelancer's on every job-every time have already bided, so I am new to the platform and quite young so I get nervous. No one is helping me there I have worked a lot hard on my profile overview, etc. everything is double-checked by me. While I was talking to many different unknown people I paid deep attention to my conversations. so that's why I got a fluency badge. I was offered phone numbers and email's but I always respected Upwork policies and till my last breath I always will !! Because Upwork is such a wonderful place.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

If that's the case then you know what wil help you - carefully craft your proposals and read them over a few times before you hit the "submit" button.  

Good luck to you.

You can rely on that fluency badge all you want, but your use of the language in your post suggests otherwise. Phrases like "perfectly bided" are not common. Not saying this as an insult, but rather to make you aware that if it makes you look like you are misrepresenting yourself, which makes a client question your credibility. So if this just like a mistake of, oh I'm not really paying attention, then whatever, but please do go through your proposals to make sure they don't look like your post, which does look like someone not fluent. When things look like they don't match up, a client then questions your credibility and might pass you over. So just double check everything to make sure your fluency comes through. 

@rahulsharma108 wrote:

I was offered phone numbers and email's but I always respected Upwork policies and till my last breath I always will !! Because Upwork is such a wonderful place.

FYI, it is perfectly fine to talk to prospective clients on the phone or by email. You can't put contact information on your profile, and you have to get paid through the platform, but once you send a proposal and they respond (or someone sends an invitation and you respond) you are free to communicate any way you and the client agree on.

Just be careful, because some clients who want to get communications off of Upwork do it because they want to trick you into working for free. Don't give them any information like your address or banking information, and make sure that there is an Upwork contract set up and any milestone is funded (or, if hourly, that their payment method is verified) before you do any work. 

Rahul S wrote:

....I arose that question on forum in a hurry which resulted in some grammatical mistakes. This may be happening with my proposals too, As only in 5-10 minutes more than 20 freelancer's on every job-every time have already bided...

Bidding is not a race. If you are seeing over 20 bids within 10 minutes, it's not because you're not fast enough. Those jobs are in a market segment that is oversaturated, and overloaded with freelancers.

Try finding freelancer profiles showing work you admire, that is honestly within your range of competence (and excellence). What are they showing in their portfolios? What are they bidding? What clients are they getting? Aim high—and realistically—both in targeting bids and the rates you demand. You say you are young, and presumably with less experience than some pros here. You will need to decide whether that relegates you to the crowded bottom of the market or whether you can distinguish yourself enough to compete with the many seasoned professionals here, not by the speed of your proposals but by the quality of your work.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members