Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rising talent status lost

bucko-miroslav
Ace Contributor
Miroslav B Member Since: Mar 7, 2017
1 of 10

Today after i finished an interview with a client(around 1PM UTC+2) i noticed i lost my "Rising Talent" badge on my profile, so i wonder why? Is it a bug or i did something wrong. I'm still waiting an offer from him

lenaellis
Lena E Moderator Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
2 of 10

Hi Miroslav,

I can confirm this was not a bug. I can not share details about your personal account but can provide the following guidance, there are a few reasons why a Rising Talent badge is removed: 

1. You are about to get your Job Success Score.
  2. You have received public and/or private feedback from clients that indicates poor outcomes.
  3. You haven’t submitted any proposals or worked on any projects in the past 90 days (freelancers who created their account less than 30 days ago are not included). Once you begin applying or working again, your Rising Talent badge will be reinstated within 24 hours.
  4. You have a policy violation or other concern pending.
Untitled
bucko-miroslav
Ace Contributor
3 of 10
  1. You are about to get your Job Success Score.
         I hope so soon

2. You have received public and/or private feedback from clients that indicates poor outcomes.

In last 11 days i had 1 client cancel the contract before i even started working on a project, does that counts a poor outcome 

3. You haven’t submitted any proposals or worked on any projects in the past 90 days
      I have been submiting proposals every few days, but no luck on getting hired 

4. You have a policy violation or other concern pending.
    For that i haven't received an notice or email
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 10

@Miroslav B wrote:
  1. You have received public and/or private feedback from clients that indicates poor outcomes.

In last 11 days i had 1 client cancel the contract before i even started working on a project, does that counts a poor outcome 

Yes

d3d571ad
Ace Contributor
Charles W Member Since: Dec 30, 2016
5 of 10
@Miroslav B wrote:
  1. You have received public and/or private feedback from clients that indicates poor outcomes.

Yes""

Again, this is ridiculous.  It's hard enough to control a client when they are right in your office, but to do so with a stranger who could be half-way around the world? 

Question: Is a client's status downgraded when they cancel a contract, or just the freelancer?

bucko-miroslav
Ace Contributor
6 of 10

Why? It was mutual although a bit unconvetional. This has never happend to me, clients never backed out less than  24 hours before contract actually started.

d3d571ad
Ace Contributor
7 of 10

"You haven’t submitted any proposals or worked on any projects in the past 90 days.."

That's why people freelance.  So they can work independently when they want to and not at the beck and call of an employer.  

Why would someone be downgraded for this?  Makes no sense.  What if a freelancer gets a 3-month job from some other entity besides UpWork?  They are punished because they didn't get it here?  That's simply ridiculous and over-controlling.   

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 10

Charles,

If the freelancer decides to take a break from applying for jobs for any reason, the Rising Talent status may be removed. However, it'll be reinstated once the freelancer starts applying for jobs again, provided they meet other requirements of the program. That way we make sure freelancers who are actively looking for work get proper exposure. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
d3d571ad
Ace Contributor
9 of 10

After reading the posts on here for awhile I told the freelancer that did some web development for us that he needed to close his contracts since his score will go down if he leaves them open.  He didn't know that.  I hope I spared him from losing work because of silly policies. 

You want to control freelancers this much, then provide some benefits and a 401K.  

FedEx lost a big class action lawsuit to their drivers under similar circumstances that I see here. 

ibbrahim
Md Ibbrahim H Member Since: Sep 4, 2015
10 of 10

Thanks Really helpful informating .

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS