🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Rising talent
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

The clients still intends to work with me and yes there are some contracts which are stale so i will send them a message. Thanks forthe help. 

Hey,

I passed the readiness test. My top rated eligible week have been started. JSS is 100%. Earnings are more than 7k. I still didn't got rising talent badge. What could be the reason?

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you need to have 4 completed jobs to get the Top Rated badge.  Looks like you have a great start!

I'm pretty sure you're going to skip the Rising Talent badge and go right to the Top Rated badge.

Hello everyone.

I am new to Upwork
I think I meet all the requirements to get the Upwork Rising talent badge.
I don't know why they don't grant it to me.
I would like someone from the Upwork team to review my account and let me know what I am doing wrong.
Can I be eligible for Upwork Rising talent?
Josep Monés

To get Rising talent badge you have to be eligable for it. To be eligable you have to make sure folliwng task are completed:

1. Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
  2. Complete your projects on time and as promised
  3. Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your skills
  4. Keep your availability status up-to-date
  5. Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
  6. Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  7. Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days
Talha Riaz

I have reviewed all the topics.
I think I meet everyone

Josep M wrote:

I think I meet everyone

Upwork really ought to change the wording to explain this better, because people ask this question in the forum every single day. Meeting the criteria just means that you're "eligible" for a rising talent badge; it doesn't mean that you'll definitely get it, unfortunately. 

Yes, I know that too.  I've been interviewed 4 times.  The client contacts me through the "message" area and NOT the "interview" tool.  Does that count against me?

Hi Josep,

The Rising Talent badge is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason when a freelancer is or isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

I checked and it seems that you are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top-Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I would also like to know if I will be eligible for rising talent badge, this badges will help me get more job.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI J-Vae, 

As Aleksandar has noted on his post, we will not be able to confirm if a user is eligible for the badge or not. If you meet the requirements listed on Aleksandar's link, you will receive an email which will notify you of your eligibility to be part of the program. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Aleksandar . I'm waiting for my rising talent badge as well.

Hi Aleksandar, 

I have also been an active member for 3 months and I meet all the requirements for the rising talent badge ( test, profile 100%, active for 90days, have a portfolio, sending out proposals) but I haven't got any invite yet. Any reason particular reason why I haven't received an invite? so I can also make it better to receive the badge. 

It would really help get me contracts in such challenging times! 

Hi Tamanna,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Tamana,
I'm also waiting for Rising Talant Badge.
Hopefully we will receive.

Thanks
Vishwa

Hi Aleksandar,

Can you please check my profile and can tell me why I have no rising talent badge? Please
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Arnob,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you’ll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

Please i would like someone to help look into my account. I think I meet all the requirements for the rising talent program but I have not been invited . I really can't figure why this is happening. 

Kindly help.

Hi Adegunle,

Once you have enough history on your profile, your Rising talent badge is replaced by Job success score. You can start working toward Top Rated status now.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

I've met all of the requirments and was wondering when i would get rising talent badge also. Could you check my profile?

Hi Corey,

The Rising Talent badge is assigned automatically. Once qualified, you will receive an email confirmation and the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. You can check out this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks for your answer,
I think I have all the requirements made.

Yes, with a score of 5 points.

Yes, all my clients are satisfied.

3. Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your skills
    Yes, I have it 100% complete

4. Keep your availability status up-to-date
    Yes, I always have it updated

5. Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
    Yes, I have applied to 67 jobs

6. Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
    Yes, I have read it more than 5 times and I agree with the terms

7, Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days
    I've been freelancing for 87 days

Do you know why it can be?

Josep M wrote:

Thanks for your answer,
I think I have all the requirements made.

The key part of Upwork's response was: "This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason when a freelancer is or isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge."

I have the same situation.

I am new to Upwork and review all items of requirements. But still do not know why I am not eligible for Rising Talent:

Yes, with a score of 4 points.

Yes, I have done two projects with high satisfaction but one of my client does not go to Upwork to end the project and drop comment. Just comment through the note of bonus transfer.

I am also in progress of another project.

3. Maintain a 100% complete profile that accurately showcases your skills
    Yes, I have 100% profile completion

4. Keep your availability status up-to-date
    Yes, I am online daily.

5. Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set
    Yes, I do not remember exactly but more than 60 I believe. And I bid daily. Have spent 40$ for membership and acquire connects.

6. Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
    Yes, I have read and I agree with the terms but not sure where I can submit my agreement.

7, Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days
    I've join more than 30 days

This Rising talent badge....topic all information help me & i learn something...i have complete 60 % this requrment... i try to complete 100 & all of activity..& get rising talent Badge..

Your all information is helpfull. Thank You so much......

Thanks & Regerads

Arif Khan 6211

Hey Team Upwork,

Am I ready for the Rising-Talent Badge? I am currently working on two projects and trying to complete them professionaly. I want to earn the Rising-Talent Badge. It shall make my profile look better. I am not a newbie & know how things work but how do I see my self qualified for the badge?

One more thing before you answer above questions. I am continuously trying to pass my Readiness Test. But I can not score more than 2.0. It's a shame for me :(. I am trying again and again after getting my concepts clear but facing the same results. Is there any issue with my browser? I have tried it on a different browser as well but still the same. 
A good tip/suggestion shall be appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Awais N.

Awais N wrote:

Am I ready for the Rising-Talent Badge? I am currently working on two projects and trying to complete them professionaly. I want to earn the Rising-Talent Badge. It shall make my profile look better. I am not a newbie & know how things work but how do I see my self qualified for the badge?.

It is very unlikely considering how that first contract you completed could have ended more successfully. The most important criteria is that any jobs are completed successfully and clients are fully satisfied.

Awais N wrote:

One more thing before you answer above questions. I am continuously trying to pass my Readiness Test. But I can not score more than 2.0. .

That would indicate that you need to do some more learning.

Hi Upwork Community,
I have completed 4 Jobs on Upwork in december and 2 Jobs are in progress(total 6). I also have my profile 100% completed. It's nearly been a month I am waiting for my rising talent badge but not received any mail or notification. Please anyone can solve my issue when will be the badge available for me?
Thanks
Hasham

Hi Hasham,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

I have fulfilled all conditions for Rising Talent Badge but have not received it. May I please know the reason?

Thanks

Hi Amruta,

Please refer to the information I`ve shared in my previous post, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Upworkers! 

I think I meet all the qualifications for the Rising Talent badge... However, the badge itself is not appearing. Can you please tell me if I'm missing something? I've contacted the support twice, they mentioned that not all people who have met all the qualifications earn this badge. How can that be real? I mean, there should be equal chances for everyone who works hard and does his job well.

Has anyone had such kind of a question? I've read some titles here on the forum (not to waste your time with another similar post) - but people are usually missing something from the qualifications list. Honestly, it's hard to stand out when you're a newbie on Upwork. 

• Pass the Upwork Readiness Test > Passed
  • Complete projects on time and as promised to clients > I reply to messages sprightly, never miss a deadline, and do jobs in just time
  • Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work > The profile is 100% completed
  • Keep your availability status up-to-date > I do that too. For example, for now, I'm available for more than 30 hours a week.
  • Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skill set > I submit proposals only to projects that I know I'm capable of. That's how I got full-stars reviews.
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service > Of course.
  • Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days > I use Upwork every day.

Have a nice day! 

Amir K wrote:

I've contacted the support twice, they mentioned that not all people who have met all the qualifications earn this badge. How can that be real? I mean, there should be equal chances for everyone who works hard and does his job well.

The qualifications that you speak of are the minimum requirements that make you eligible to receive the badge - it's no guarantee. If everyone who filled out their profile and answered a few questions got a Rising Talent badge, then it wouldn't mean very much, would it? It's supposed to make the best freelancers stand out, so it's not about giving everyone "equal chances", because not all freelancers are equally qualified. So Upwork looks at your experience, education and the overall strength of your profile, in addition to whether you meet the minimum requirements. 

Maybe you'll get one after you successfully complete another project or two. If not, then you can work towards getting your JSS score and the top-rated badge. And if it's any consolation, people with badges turn up in the forum all the time, saying that they're having trouble getting work - it's not a magic bullet.

I know it doesn't matter a lot, I just don't get it. You mentioned that I must do some jobs before getting to the badge - I did them, I have two full-stars reviews. My educational background is the university of design and I work as a designer. It seems like I meet all the qualifications, even the external ones. But there's still no badge. It doesn't matter a lot, but it feels like I'm doing things wrong or there's something wrong with my profile.

Also, if meeting Rising Badge qualifications doesn't guarantee you a badge, then this sentence from the support page makes no sense.

Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to see the Rising Talent badge on your profile after meeting the qualifications.

It should've said "...on your profile after we choose you as a Rising Talent freelancer", or something like that, don't you think?

petra_r
Community Member

Amir K wrote:

It should've said "...on your profile after we choose you as a Rising Talent freelancer", or something like that, don't you think?

Yes, it would reduce the thousands of "Why don't I have a Rising Talent Badge" posts

pott3r
Community Member

Also, moderators of the forum usually use this kind of answer, which doesn't make sense too.

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

I would also like to note that not all freelancers will get a Rising Talent badge. Some go straight to getting a Job Success Score and work towards the Top Rated Program. I think you're in the right mindset, and you should continue doing great work on your contracts. Good luck!

What is the point in saying "assigns automatically when you meet the requirements", and then saying "not all freelancers will get a Rising Talent badge"

I mean, I know there shouldn't be an automated system, and not all the candidates should get a badge, but why would support and moderators say so? There's large misinformation, that's why a lot of people come to forums and ask the same question.

Hi Amir,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and suggestions with us! We'll be sure to pass it on to our team.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
pott3r
Community Member

Thank you very much, Andrea!

I was just thinking of how to share it with the Upwork team.

petra_r
Community Member

Amir K wrote:

I was just thinking of how to share it with the Upwork team.

It's been "shared with the Upwork team" hundreds of times, Amir. For years.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths