🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Room not found and contract paused
Page options
501c6ccd
Community Member

Room not found and contract paused

I have started working on one contract and on 1st day worked for 1 hr 40 mins and next day it showed my contract has been paused by client. After few hours it showed that paused by upwork. And more interestingly while contacting on the same day it shows an error named "room not found". Now i don't know why the contract has been paused? Who paused it? Client or Upwork? And if i want to have some conversation with client then how to reach him/her. Below are my contract ID details : 32135690. PFA of error while having chat with client.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ericaandrews
Community Member

You might want to check to see if the Job Post is still 'active'.  If not, it usually means the client got kicked off the site or has an issue with their payment method.  It's very possible the client was a scam artist.  Either way, you should stop all work on that contract until the contract is active again - which will arrive via an official email from Upwork telling you it's OK to resume work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ericaandrews
Community Member

You might want to check to see if the Job Post is still 'active'.  If not, it usually means the client got kicked off the site or has an issue with their payment method.  It's very possible the client was a scam artist.  Either way, you should stop all work on that contract until the contract is active again - which will arrive via an official email from Upwork telling you it's OK to resume work.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Shubham, if the Contract isn't found, the Client is gone regardless if it was them or Upwork. If the Contract is still open, message the Client. Thanks!

58c4af95
Community Member

Hello I am facing the same problem. I submitted a proposal and the client messaged me, I just checked and it says 'Room not found' however the job post is still there. The messages tab just shows conversation not found. 
Can anyone clarify please

This room was deleted by Upwork. Better for you will be skip this client and move forward.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths