cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Royalties?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
11 of 16

re: "I know this is years ago and I am still searching for an answer, however, has there been any updates in "Accepting Royalties" on Upwork. Have you ever done it before? Would you ever do it? Tips for doing it. Straight talk for not doing it. Much respect and gratitude for your POV in advance!"

No. This hasn't changed. Upwork is not a platform for paying people with royalties. And to answer your specific question: No, I would not try to use Upwork to get paid in royalties.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG in companies paying specific types of people (such as songwriters) in royalties. But Upwork is not the tool to use for that.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 16

Hi Timothy and others,

I would like to clarify that jobs that offer payments in royalties are not allowed on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Timothy M Member Since: Jun 2, 2015
13 of 16

I'm glad to hear this. However, I have seen many of them appear on the jobs list. I understand UpWork can't go through them all, so I will flag every job I see with this in the description.

Dustin T Member Since: Mar 7, 2018
14 of 16
So then are illustrators owed royalties after the product comes out? My daughter wrote a children’s book and I want to publish it but I can’t draw worth a **bleep**.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
15 of 16

@Dustin T wrote:
So then are illustrators owed royalties after the product comes out? My daughter wrote a children’s book and I want to publish it but I can’t draw worth a **bleep**.

No, unless otherwise agreed, after full payment the product belongs to the client to do with as they please. The freelancer is owed nothing further.

Dustin T Member Since: Mar 7, 2018
16 of 16
Ok. Thank you and sorry for the *bleep* word.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS