🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rude Client
Page options
gratsiedonna
Community Member

Rude Client

Dear all,

I have two clients at the moment. One of them is very rude in their approach. Their words simply shatter my confidence. What can I do to improve my experience? 

I am also worried about ending the job because the client will surely rate me poorly. What will be the correct way to approach this? 

My other client, on the other hand, is very kind. I am really thankful to get the chance to work with him.

Thanks and regards,

Tanima.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanima, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this client, but I'm glad to know that you have a good relationship with your other client. 

If you think it's not worth your time, you have the option of ending the contract with your client. You own your freelancing business, and as your own business manager, you can decide how you manage your contracts, and your business. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Continue working for the polite client.

Stop working for the rude client.

Thank you, sir, for your kind reply. I am afraid of repercussions. If the client rates me poorly, it will reflect on my profile.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanima, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this client, but I'm glad to know that you have a good relationship with your other client. 

If you think it's not worth your time, you have the option of ending the contract with your client. You own your freelancing business, and as your own business manager, you can decide how you manage your contracts, and your business. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you, madam. Your supportive reply means much to me.

jr-translation
Community Member

Tanima D wrote:

Dear all,

I have two clients at the moment. One of them is very rude in their approach. Their words simply shatter my confidence. What can I do to improve my experience? 

I am also worried about ending the job because the client will surely rate me poorly. What will be the correct way to approach this? 

My other client, on the other hand, is very kind. I am really thankful to get the chance to work with him.

Thanks and regards,

Tanima.

Stop working with the rude client. Have a look at the ToS to see if he is violating them. There are always cultural barriers you need to take in consideration as well. So while some people seem to be rude they are just direct because in their culture it is considered rude to avoid direct and honest replies.

Next time also check the rating the client received by the past freelancers. They can be very telling.

You basically have only two options:

A: Continue with this client and feeling unhappy. But then again he was looking for an expert and judging by your portfolio you are not.

B: End the contract. You might want to look for another client first because there are many writers with native English out there at the moment.

So in the end you have to bite one bullet or the other and learn from the experience.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members