🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Running out of connects
Page options
houssam-ladjal
Community Member

Running out of connects

Hello Upwork community!

I'm new here I signed up 3 days ago, five proposals lead me to run out of my connects without getting interviewed or accepted in any! I'm sure that my experiences and skills are relevant and suitable for the jobs I applied for besides to my cv, resume, cover letter...etc.

Now I can't afford buying new connects!! :'( Any solutions please ?

And thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Houssam L wrote:

Virginia F... If you could've spotted the errors in my overview I would appreciate the effort if you point to them so I can fix it ♥

Houssam, according to your profile you work for "costumers". A costumer is someone who makes theatrical costumes.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
lysis10
Community Member

If you can't afford connects, you will need to go out and get a job, sell something for money, or ask a friend/family member to loan you $12. That's the only options I can think of off the top of my head.

tlbp
Community Member

Houssam L wrote:

Hello Upwork community!

I'm new here I signed up 3 days ago, five proposals lead me to run out of my connects without getting interviewed or accepted in any! I'm sure that my experiences and skills are relevant and suitable for the jobs I applied for besides to my cv, resume, cover letter...etc.

And thanks in advance.

The problem is not that you are unsuitable for the jobs to which you apply but that many other freelancers are equally or more suitable. There is absolutely no guarantee that you will ever be selected for a job via Upwork. So, you must decide if you want to invest your time and money to attempt to become a freelancer using the platform. Consider how many applicants there are for each of the jobs to which you applied, how many of those jobs resulted in a hire, and decide if you are willing to take the risk.

mtngigi
Community Member

Houssam L wrote:

Hello Upwork community!

And thanks in advance.

Along with Jennifer's advice, if you're going to sell yourself as an email writer familiar with the English language, there should be no errors in your overview ... of which there are many.

Virginia F... If you could've spotted the errors in my overview I would appreciate the effort if you point to them so I can fix it ♥

Houssam L wrote:

Houssam, according to your profile you work for "costumers". A costumer is someone who makes theatrical costumes.

Aaah I see thanks a lot sir, I will correct it right now.

96bff7f1
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community.

as same issue raised above i am new to upwork and run out of my connects after applying for some project without getting interviewed or successfull.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members