cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russian Patent Based Simplified Tax System and Upwork

Vladimir G Member Since: Jan 30, 2018
1 of 9

Hello to all!

Is there any freelencers from Russia that works on Upwork and use Patent Based Simplified Tax System

https://www.nalog.ru/eng/taxation_in_russia/patent/

I know that its possible to work with foreign clients and use patent, but as far as I know Tax Tax Service ask for a direct contract between client and freelancer... How to work on Upwork and use patent, maybe someone already has this expirience, does Federal Tax Service is ok with Upwork contract and confirmantion of services?

P.S. Maybe someone from Upwork can help with figure out how to apply patent while working on Upwork?

Regards

Aizat M Member Since: Jan 26, 2016
2 of 9

I have the same question about working as a Private Entrepreneur on Upwork contracts using the Patent Based Tax System. Also a question to the Upwork staff: is it possible to get more detailed Confirmation of Services signed? I mean when CoS is not just saying that "the Works have been duly completed in accordance with the assignment", but including more details like

"the Works below have been duly completed in accordance with the assignment:

1. WorkTitle #1
  2. WorkTitle #2
  3. ..."

It's very important when the Patent Based Tax System is being used since a Patent can be applied to only one restricted area like software development in my case and I have to prove that I'm developing software, but not doing graphic design, translations or so.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 9

Vladimir and Aizat,

Unfortunately, the only documents that Upwork can provide are the Confirmation of Service attached to this help article and a signed version of User Agreement. You can email freelancersuccess@upwork.com directly to obtain those. We won't be able to offer legal advice here in the Community and suggest that you talk to a tax adviser in your country.

~ Valeria
Untitled
4 of 9

Hello and thanks for fast answer!

I understand that this question is less related to Upwork... and more to upworkers from Russia. So lets leave this open for some time, maybe somebody will share there expirience on this topic.

Regards

Andrei V Member Since: Dec 16, 2018
5 of 9

As one of variants, you can:

- create own site with page of public offert of your services. you can find these examples in russian segment of inet.
- insert something in Act or remittance of wire payment - 'payment for all services according to offert by official address - URL'. Fact of payment - accepting of your offert for original clients.

6 of 9

How this helps me to accept payments from Upwork and use the Patent Tax System in Russia. The main question here is to have my address in agreement or CoS. Since its a requirement from Federal Tax Service to have my address in agreement with the client to apply Patent based taxation.

7 of 9

Hi,

is there any updates on my original question? Are there any changes on how Upwork works with freelancers from Russia? So we can use the Patent Tax System in Russia and work with Upwork?

Regards

Vladimir

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 9

Hi Vladimir,

I'm not aware of any changes regarding the documentation we can provide to freelancers located in Russia. That said, I see that you had a ticket a while ago that was escalated to the team that handles similar requests. They requested more information but unfortunately never heard back from you. Feel free to reply to their email if you have more information so they could look further into it.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Constantin S Member Since: Nov 1, 2019
9 of 9

Vladimir, did you have any news about this topic. Is there a final solution?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS