🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SCAM ALERT: **
Page options
ankersen_nathan
Community Member

SCAM ALERT: **

Watchout for someone presenting themselves as an employee of **Edited for Community Guidelines**.  They sent me an email asking for an interview and for me to submit a proposal.  I did, and then they asked for a Skype text interview (live:.**Edited for Community Guidelines**), 1st red flag, then we went thru a whole interview process and they offered me the "job" but said training and bonuses would be paid out via direct deposit (2nd red flag).  Then they wanted me to submit my resume to **Edited for Community Guidelines** (not their website) (3rd red flag).  They wouldn't do a video call and typos were laced throughout the conversation.  Be careful out there people, there are real scum trying to scam people during this trying time!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
lysis10
Community Member

lol they are getting smarter and using domain email. Guess the gmail accounts were not working well anymore.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for reporting this to us. I already shared your report with our team for investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option to report any inappropriate content.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members