🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SCAM: Client asked to buy / get my Upwork acc...
Page options
6f2bc01d
Community Member

SCAM: Client asked to buy / get my Upwork account

I received a purpose from LinkedIn of a possible scam, like this post 

Idem Postanother post , what I can do to protect my account. And i cant send PM to another person

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
lysis10
Community Member

Julio Alberto G wrote:

Idem Postanother post , what I can do to protect my account. And i cant send PM to another person

wat are you worried about if you didn't give him your account info?

6f2bc01d
Community Member

Thanks, i not shared anything, but i add to my linkedin network so, i thought they can get my email and possible use to do some kind of phishing

colettelewis
Community Member

Julio Alberto G wrote:

It is not a possible scam. It is a scam and if you do it, Upwork will suspend your account. It is possible for people to copy your profile. It has been done before, but allowing someone else to use your account is completely against Upwork's terms of service, which I suggest you read. 

Thanks, its the first time to use Upwork, because my account its on verification status and never used, now I read more about the platform

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julio,

Please note that due to our Community settings, new users will need to wait up to 2 hours in order to have the option to send private messages. Could you please send me a private message with more information on this so that I can check and send a report to our team for investigation?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members