cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAM: Have you recieved this invitation to work?

Valentin S Member Since: Jul 2, 2014
1 of 4
Hello everybody, It's not the first time that I apply to a job and some sort of auto responder gets me this message: "hello thank you for applying my job. I have checked your profile and designs. I am happy with them. so I thought to interview you before start the contract. this level you should show me something really good design for this job. because I am asking this anyone could add some designs from google. if it good, I guarantee the hiring of you. hope you can understand. so lets get work. Smiley Happy I am looking forward to see them." This time, it rang a bell and I looked back into my emails. The thing is, this person (who in fact changes name every job post) requires upfront mockup designs, and then runs away with them shamelessly. It happened to me before, and I'd love to avoid him doing this again. You can check his other job posts, which always have dozens of interviewed designers and ZERO HIRES. Never a single dollar spent, never a verified payment method. He keeps creating new accounts, but you can keep an eye on those indicators: many simultaneous job posts, many interviews, no hires, no money spent. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN. SCAMMER and THIEF. Share your experiences. Thanks.
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 4
Flag the post if it's still available and also report the person to oDesk support.
Valentin S Member Since: Jul 2, 2014
3 of 4
Yes, I ALWAYS flag these kind of jobs if I'm certain that are fraudulent... But the thing is they're quick. They know that they will be flagged, so they act very fast: from the job post, to the interviews, to the actual request for free work and the runaway, no more than 2 or 3 hours may pass. So, everybody be warned. Thanks!
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
4 of 4
I understand what you mean.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS