cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAM OFFERS!!!

tomikalane
Tomika L Member Since: Jan 15, 2018
1 of 4

I've had 2 scam job postings contact me within the last couple of days.  **Edited for Community Guidelines** I called both company's corporate headquarters and confirmed these are not legitimate job offers.  Apparently some people have even given them their bank information thinking they were signing up for direct deposit.  They both wanted to communicate through the app Hangouts instead of Upwork.

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
2 of 4

Hi Tomika,

The team is reviewing the two jobs that you mentioned in your post and will take action accordingly, if violations of our ToS are found.

In the mean time, please have a look at this thread about tips for avoiding scams and suspicious jobs.

~Nina
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 4

Real-Job-Or-Scam.jpg

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
4 of 4

@Tomika L wrote:

I've had 2 scam job postings contact me within the last couple of days.  **Edited for Community Guidelines** I called both company's corporate headquarters and confirmed these are not legitimate job offers. 

Calling corporate headquarters or companies is a complete waste of Your time and the companies time. Scam clients use that tactic to gain the confidence and trust of the freelancer. They are in a better position if a freelancer thinks they come from a legitimate company.

Apparently some people have even given them their bank information thinking they were signing up for direct deposit.  They both wanted to communicate through the app Hangouts instead of Upwork.

How do you know "some" people gave bank information, signing up for direct deposit and communicating through Google Hangouts - unless, that some people was you?

It's apparent that you didn't feel it was necessary to read through Upworks TOS or come on here and read a few posts, otherwise, you would have know that the mention of Google Hangouts are where all the scammers are. And that taking money off site through direct deposit is not allowed and can get your account suspended. ALL financial transactions MUST take place on this site.

Please, before replying to invitations you didn't apply to or submitting proposals, take the time to read through Upwork's TOS so you know the procedures of working on this site as well as learning what to look out for.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS