🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SCAM Report
Page options
aleena89
Community Member

SCAM Report

Hello,

I wanted to report a user/ job posting. The job post in question has been deleted. I was asked to contact them via email and upon doing so and asking them to continue on upwork that request was ignored. And further communication led me to know that the entire job itself was a scam.

Here is the message I received on upwork (copied from my email notification):

**Edited for community guidelines**

The company website also warns of scams using their employees contact. And on further contacting the company directly they have confirmed that it is a scam.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleena,

Thanks for flagging this job to us. I've checked and it looks like the job has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

If the job has been deleted, then Upwork is already aware of the scammer.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleena,

Thanks for flagging this job to us. I've checked and it looks like the job has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Bojan
Upwork
beiz2015
Community Member

Hi, I'm suspecting a scam. How can I report that or contact you? The job posting has been taken down because they said they have found enough candidates. I have reaseached the company and found they have been acquired but still using the old name. Please help me identify it is a scam or not.

petra_r
Community Member

Bei Z wrote:

Hi, I'm suspecting a scam. How can I report that or contact you? The job posting has been taken down because they said they have found enough candidates. 

If the job post has been taken down it was almost certainly a scam. Chances are that the people you were talking to had nothing to do with the company name they were using, which makes "researching" them pointless.

It's very difficult to get scammed if you only communicate on Upwork until a contract is in place, don't start working until you were properly hired on Upwork. Don't give out personal details either.

Real-Job-Or-Scam.jpg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths