🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SCAM
Page options
3d7de26c
Community Member

SCAM

Someone try to report me as a scammer because my husband pick up the phone , I was verified via video call. I just dont want my account to close.should i register as an agency as well since I have other partner in my business? Please help 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's one client. He said you were a "scammer." But if you're not a scammer, you don't have anything to worry about.

In all honesty, you dodged a bullet.

I am glad for you that you did not end up working with a client with so little life experience that he didn't comprehend that a freelancer he was working with might have a shared phone and a spouse. Imagine the fits this person would have had when you took your dog to the veterinarian and weren't there to take his urgent call about his website.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork is not going to close your account because your husband picked up your phone.

Upwork freelancers are not allowed to share their accounts. Only you may log time as yourself or work on contracts assigned to you.

You do not need to register as an agency if you are working legitimately and following the rules.

There are no "partners" within freelancer accounts.

If you are working as an agency, then you DO need to register as an agency.

If you are an agency, then you can accept contracts and anybody in the agency can work on the project.

No I dont share my account with no one I was not by the phone when the client called so my husband picked up and cancelled my proposal and put scam so I'm worried because im currently working on a contract 

It's one client. He said you were a "scammer." But if you're not a scammer, you don't have anything to worry about.

In all honesty, you dodged a bullet.

I am glad for you that you did not end up working with a client with so little life experience that he didn't comprehend that a freelancer he was working with might have a shared phone and a spouse. Imagine the fits this person would have had when you took your dog to the veterinarian and weren't there to take his urgent call about his website.

Thank you so much not much people understand that people have a life. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members