🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SCAM
Page options
khalid27er98
Community Member

SCAM

Hi good people, 

I want to address an issue that has been discussed here several times. However, and until now, there is not a solution for it. Job postings are ALMOST ALWAYS scams nowadays, not that there are not real job postings, but the fact that the number of scam job postings is limitless. 

My only wish nowadays is to find a real job in the first 20 job postings--There is not one.  This is infuriating, to be honest, and it reminds me of Freelancer.com when I have started my journey as a freelancer, but honestly, the status of Upwork nowadays, being FULL OF SCAMS, is by far worse than Freelancer.com. 

When I started as a freelancer, I have always been told by trainers and coaches that Upwork is way safer and a place where you are unlikely to find scams. Therefore, please, Upwork find a viable solution for this. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best, 

Khalid

2 REPLIES 2
zainsaeed100
Community Member

I totally agree !!!

I am searching for a new Job nowadays after a while but all I can see is the job posting full of scams i.e Email mentioned on the jobs to communicate outside the Upwork and all these jobs are from unverified accounts or the payment methods. 

It is a lot of struggle nowadays to get a new client and I have wasted around 100 connects but still not any progess.

My question is: What is the end solution and how to win new jobs to keep growing our business?

pgiambalvo
Community Member

I just checked my feed and 8 out the first 10 are the same scams I've flagged hundred of times going back 6 months.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members