🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SCAM
Page options
brooke-seifert
Community Member

SCAM

I submitted a proposal for a job and I believe it was a scam. They asked me to interview via Skype and it started normal and then became very odd. Without giving me any description of the actual work, they required my full name, birth date, address, and phone number. When I resisted, they explained they wanted to work outside of Upwork and required me to work from a laptop they would send me.

They were not typing in complete sentences or proper punctuation. The name on the job posting also did not match the name of the person I interview with via Skype.

Day one of me using this platform and that was my first encounter with a “job offer”. Not a great way to start.

AND I CANNOT EVEN GET IN TOUCH WITH A PERSON FROM THE SUPPORT STAFF. I am utterly shocked. What is this run around that I have to go through to support someone. Is anyone reading this???

Brooke

2 REPLIES 2
varungs
Community Member

What is preventing you from reporting the job listing, blocking the client, and moving on?

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brooke,

I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. Could you please send me a private message with more information about your report? I'll check that for you and escalate to the correct team for further investigation.
Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option to report any inappropriate content.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members