🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SCAMS??
Page options
pinatahero
Community Member

SCAMS??

I got two client message from two different people, linking a pixalied PDF that directs you to do an interview via Skype.
The thing is, both of the links go to thier indivdual but  similar style PDF but I got it from two different clients.
I am new to upwork, is this standard practice via Upwork or is this a scam that we are starting to see emerging?

I'll show a screenshot of that PDF link and the message.

Let me know because I did a text interview with them and then when they asked for my email and home adresss etc, it tipped me off that this may be a scam.  

I hope no one else is getting scammed by this if it is a scam

**Edited for community guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes. It is a known scam.

JoanneP

Hi Daniel,

If you see a job or invitation that looks suspicious or inappropriate, you can flag it using the flagging option found on every job post or Upwork profile. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You can also send me a PM with the link to this job post including a screenshot, and I will share it with our team.

~ Joanne
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Daniel L wrote:

Let me know because I did a text interview with them and then when they asked for my email and home adresss etc, it tipped me off that this may be a scam.  

It's against Upwork's rules for you to do Skype messaging (or exchange any outside contact information) before you have a contract in place. If you follow that rule, it will be difficult to fall prey to this scam.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members