🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SITE DOWNTIME VS Project-Contract to be signe...
Page options
dbartolovic
Community Member

SITE DOWNTIME VS Project-Contract to be signed

Dear community, hope you are all well and healthy! 

I have this strange situation where i have potential client asking me to switch to the whatsapp for communication while upwork is down. 

This client is part of the team i worked with in previous contract, but now contacting me outside of the team for their own project. 

We are in development of possible project and we need constant communication today, because deadlines are closing and we need to decide are we starting this contract or not. 

I understand upwork's concern regarding people talking outside of the upwork, but at this point where website is going to be down, there must be some kind of solution?  

Thank you for your time. 

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Dusan B wrote:

I understand upwork's concern regarding people talking outside of the upwork, but at this point where website is going to be down, there must be some kind of solution?  

Get the client to hire you on an hourly consultation job, setting the weekly limit to 0 hours. You can then communicate however you like with the client and there is no danger of the client being charged for anything.  Problem solved.

And if we can't get contract to start later on, how  is cancelled without any earning contract going to affect my stats ? Is there option to cancle contract "due to website maintenence we werent able to communicate" ? 

Dusan B wrote:

And if we can't get contract to start, how  is cancelled without any earning contract going to affect my stats ?

It won't affect your stats at all. Contracts with no earnings but good or no feedback from the client have no effect anymore, That stopped last November. It would only have an effect if there was poor private feedback.

Dusan B wrote:

Is there option to cancle contract "due to website maintenence we werent able to communicate"

Of course not. Nor do you need one

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members