🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SMART WORK OF THE CLIENT OR OVER SMARTNESS OF...
Page options
padhiyarraj
Community Member

SMART WORK OF THE CLIENT OR OVER SMARTNESS OF THE CLIENT

Hello Friends,

For getting free work from the freelancer, I think clients post the ad and describing that 20 to 30 freelancers need to be hired. Also, describe that "URGENTLY REQUIRED'.

When freelancer applied for the same job, a client request for the sample work from all of the 20 to 30 freelancer them and complete their own work for free as titled as a "SAMPLE WORK". 

In my case, the Client wants a sample work also in a perfect format like we are submitting our work at the end of the project and I think we have to follow the orders of the client because we have to win that project, we have spent our valuable proposal for the same.

Just because of the Client's privacy, I am not going to share the picture of our conversation for the sample work. If any moderator wants I can send privately to them.

I just want to know in these types of cases, what we can do? How can we deal with the client?

Thanks,

Preston H, Have you face ever the same problem? If you are in my place how you would tackle the client? I like the way of your explanation that's why I tagged you here in the question.

Thanks Preston.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Raj:

Why do you want to "win" a project that doesn't pay anything?

Any real client knows that you pay the people who work for you.

Using as few words as possible, tell the client you will be happy to do the sample work after he uses the "Hire" button to create an official Upwork contract.

If a client gets you to work for him, without a contract, then you are working for free. This is a violation of Upwork ToS, and it is a waste of your time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Raj:

Why do you want to "win" a project that doesn't pay anything?

Any real client knows that you pay the people who work for you.

Using as few words as possible, tell the client you will be happy to do the sample work after he uses the "Hire" button to create an official Upwork contract.

If a client gets you to work for him, without a contract, then you are working for free. This is a violation of Upwork ToS, and it is a waste of your time.

As a client, the more "urgent" something is for me, the more money I'm willing to pay.

If something isn't urgent, maybe I hire only one freelancer.

If it is urgent, maybe I hire three.

If it is REALLY URGENT, then maybe I hire six freelancers.

A client who says something is "urgent", but rather than hiring you, asks you to work for free, is lying. Such a client is just trying to trick you into working for free.

Thanks Preston for the reply,

I just need to change a definition of the Sample Work in my mind as you said. After the contract, We can do the sample work.

Thanks Preston for the reply,

I just need to change a definition of the Sample Work in my mind as you said. After the contract, We can do the sample work.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Raj P wrote:

Hello Friends,

For getting free work from the freelancer, I think clients post the ad and describing that 20 to 30 freelancers need to be hired. Also, describe that "URGENTLY REQUIRED'.

When freelancer applied for the same job, a client request for the sample work from all of the 20 to 30 freelancer them and complete their own work for free as titled as a "SAMPLE WORK". 

In my case, the Client wants a sample work also in a perfect format like we are submitting our work at the end of the project and I think we have to follow the orders of the client because we have to win that project, we have spent our valuable proposal for the same.

Just because of the Client's privacy, I am not going to share the picture of our conversation for the sample work. If any moderator wants I can send privately to them.

I just want to know in these types of cases, what we can do? How can we deal with the client?

Thanks,

Preston H, Have you face ever the same problem? If you are in my place how you would tackle the client? I like the way of your explanation that's why I tagged you here in the question.

Thanks Preston.

A client posting an "urgent" job and needing to hire 30 freelancers might just as well hang a sign that says: "I know I'm not allowed to ask for free work, but I will do it anyway. I always find enough inexperienced or desperate freelancers who will fall into my trap. I enjoy reading about them later in the forum, because I'm not only a fraud, but an all-around not nice person, too."

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members