🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SO MUCH SPAM! **
Page options
briannordin
Community Member

SO MUCH SPAM! **

I have flagged job posts with this specific title at leat 25 times in the last few weeks, but it continues to show up over and over again:

The posting text is the same very time. It requests freelancers' names, addresses and phone numbers and contains an email address to contact the client. And, of course, there is never a verified payment mnethod.

My question: How is it possible that a job post that blatantly violates TOS, doesn't change its wording and has been flagged so many times already is still showing up several times per day?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

10 REPLIES 10
pgiambalvo
Community Member

"My question: How is it possible that a job post that blatantly violates TOS, doesn't change its wording and has been flagged so many times already is still showing up several times per day?"

I'm sure someone from Upwork will answer your question shortly.

We should be grateful that it doesn't change its wording. It stinks of phishing from the preview line in email. Which is why I've been reporting it as phishing to Google.

So given that there is now a huge scam and spam problem, how would you suggest Upwork immediately address it? OTHER THAN waiting for all new and existing freelancers somehow becoming educated as how to not fall victim to scams, thus making Upwork a not worthwhile target for them?

I'm not interested in having Upwork divert a huge amount of resources to protecting freelancers against the exact same sorts of scams they see in hundreds of other places they might look for work. 

NikolaS

Hi Brian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Nikola, thank you for your response. However, this job has shown up 7 more times in my Job Feed since I posted originally.

Can you help me (and the many other frustrated freelancers) understand what this internal process is and why it seems to have little/no effect?

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Sorry, Brian, I was wrong. I see that someone from Upwork did respond to you but did not answer the specific question that you clearly asked. I'm sure if it could have been answered, it would have been.

pauljurczak
Community Member

It's still circulating. I just got their Invitation to Interview.

fullmooncreation
Community Member

I wonder what happens if you "accept the interview"  for $5000...? Anyone tried accepting ?

74316ccd
Community Member

I got a similar inquiry via LinkedIn, so thanks to this thread I know to ignore it. Thanks all.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members