cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOS - First Project - can I give my client a discount on an hourly rate project?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Zoe A Member Since: Dec 16, 2018
1 of 4

Hi , can someone help me with a query -

I secured my first job on Upwork recently (3rd proposal) and I am absolutely over joyed with it.

It was an hourly rate but I said to the client I'd happily do it for $30 regardless of time.

I tracked my hours and it took longer than expected - so on Upwork I recorded 6+ hours ($95)

What I want to do is keep the hours logged, but reduce the cost - eg. give the client a discount so she only pays $30 for the hours worked.

Is this possible?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Zoe A wrote:

I tracked my hours and it took longer than expected - so on Upwork I recorded 6+ hours ($95)

What I want to do is keep the hours logged, but reduce the cost - eg. give the client a discount so she only pays $30 for the hours worked.

If it was this (current) week, you can simply go to your work diary, select the hours / segments in question by clicking on the checkboxes for the hours in question, and then delete them by clicking on "delete".

If it was last week, you can not delete time because the client has already been charged, just issue a refund, but you can edit the amount you want to refund.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Zoe A Member Since: Dec 16, 2018
3 of 4

Hello Petra,

Thank you so much - really is simple when you now how. I've sorted that.

From your message it sounds like as long as my client is payment verfiifed I will be automatcally paid at the end of the week? Is that correct?

With this beig my first project - and her first project on Upwork I am slightly nerous about receiving payment, as I'm sure you can understand. Client is a lovelygenuine human though I can tell.

Thanks again,

Zoe

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

Zoe A wrote:

Hello Petra,

From your message it sounds like as long as my client is payment verfiifed I will be automatcally paid at the end of the week? Is that correct?

Not quite: This week is "the work week" which goes on until Sunday.

On Monday next week, the client gets charged. Then next week is the "review week" and on Friday next week the review period ends and the security period of 5 days starts.

So yes, you get paid automatically for all hours logged during this current week, but no, you won't get paid at the end of this week.

You can read more about that here

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS