🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SPAM JOBS? WHY ARE THEY EVEN GETTING APPROVED
Page options
rolludesig
Community Member

SPAM JOBS? WHY ARE THEY EVEN GETTING APPROVED

i am unable to understand why at first place are these spam jobs getting approved ? if i am right upwork staff must be going through the project details before letting it to be posted?

why are these jobs being approved since last 2-3 weeks..it is very frustrating to see project board full of these image to pdf projects

10 REPLIES 10
rolludesig
Community Member

yes i agree..since these posts are not stopping whether its day or night something needs to be done soon..

I just flagged 7 typing documents posts. the same ones that appear every day and which are taken down only to be posted again every day for months now.

but i have started noticing these jobs since last 2-3 weeks only..i thought its a temporary phase but its now same story everyday

And 8 more of the exact same posts just since my last comment. Unbeliveable.

yes it is rather unbeliveable if its a real person who has so much of idle time to post such projects 🙂

The scams are posted by real people who view this as their job. They are scammers and thieves - that's what they do, all they do. If you look at the number of freelancers applying for scam jobs and the number of freelancers posting in the forum that they were scammed, it's obvious the scammers are doing quite well. And they will continue to feed off of people until they are starved out.

Hi, I have been on this community forum trying to find answers myself today. It seems like a lot of frustration trying to navigate and time wasted when we are wanting to work now. I am copying a link for a response I received from an Author. Hopefully, it helps! I have asked a few follow-up questions as well  And I really hope it is valid information too!

Read this if you're still not sure how to recognize scams: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

e177ecd2
Community Member

I believe you can flag those, but as of my experience it's useless...

adrianne63
Community Member

Read this if you're still not sure how to recognize scams: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

View solution in the original post

Hi I asked the same question and this link is really helpful!

the-right-writer
Community Member

Jobs are not approved. Upwork doesn't even verify emails; there is no vetting of clients, absolutely none. No staff, no one even looks at the jobs posted. The freelancers have to flag the scams and inappropriate sex work, etc. As others mentioned, read the advice from Wes on scams, learn the Terms of Service, and remember that the people you meet, clients, are strangers on the Internet. Please protect yourself because no one will do it for you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members