Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM.....NOT JUST POTTED MEAT

bgreek65
Ace Contributor
Chris K Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
1 of 7

But is freely available here on Upwork the last few days.  What is the deal with all the fraudulent invitations to interview???

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear that you have been receiving irrelevant invites lately. May I suggest you revise your profile title and the opening part of your overview to clearly describe what service you offer. I checked the invites you received recently and it looks like, with one exception, clients invite you because you have a very high rated profile with 100% JSS but their invites are not relevant to what you actually do. My guess is that when briefly viewing your profile, it's not obvious which service you provide.

~ Valeria
Upwork
bduverglas
Berthony D Member Since: Nov 3, 2016
3 of 7

If we suspect a client is actually a fraudulent company how do we process in reporting? I have a "client" we did an interview on google hangouts but asked me if I wanted to do direct deposit from what I understand is that we do every on Upwork which includes payment. I'm truly concerned with this obviously and unsure how to process. 

allergywriter
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
4 of 7

Berthony:

Just a head's up....in my experience "real" clients don't interview at Google Hang-Outs.  As a matter of fact, most of the people that talk about being scammed seemed to have been interviewed there.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 7

Hi Berthony,

You can always report a suspicious job by flagging the post as inappropriate. The team will review all the aspects of the job and take appropriate actions.

Screenshot_13.png

I have already found the job you are referring to and will forward your report to the team. Please, stop communicating with this client.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 7

Agree with Valeria - under your name should be your skill set, not what appears to be a tagline. Use that space to specify what you do, because even your list of skills is a bit all over the place.

bgreek65
Ace Contributor
Chris K Member Since: Apr 8, 2015
7 of 7

Ok, I have been using ODesk/Upwork for over 5 years, never had this problem, and receiving the SAME invites with just the company name changed, but the details, including the reference to HR having reviewed my resume' is the same.  However, my profile is the issue?  

Not quite buying into that rationale, as I do not list data entry, customer service, HR, or other categories in my profile, and have not performed any jobs under any other categories.  Seems like a programmed response to a unique situation.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS