🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » SWIFT code for Pakistan Bank
Page options
3f62ab83
Community Member

SWIFT code for Pakistan Bank

My bank has confirmed that they don't have separate SWIFT codes for each branch. Since I have
created my account from another branch, the SWIFT code for it doesn't practically exist. So while setting up payment method, I put in the bank headquarters' code and I intend to put in my branch's address in the latter bar.

Is this right or am I missing something? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you~

9 REPLIES 9
umer_rafiq
Community Member

Hi Muskan,

i hope you are doing great. Would you please tell me which bank you are using? All banks have swift codes, For example, HBL swift code is HABBPKKA No matter which branch you are using they are like bank addresses.

The bank I am using is Meezan Bank. I have never really worked with SWIFT codes before, so I'm still getting used to it. 

My name is Abdul Razzaque 

My country name is pakistan 

My problem bank Swift code HBL city Sarhari Near Nawabshah

deardipu
Community Member

Muskan,

• Muskan wrote,"My bank has confirmed that they don't have separate SWIFT codes for each branch."

Use eight digits SWIFT code of your bank's head office. Swift allows 8-11 digits at where first eight digits are head office code for each bank and additional three digits are for branch of that bank.

• She wrote,"created my account from another branch."

Put that branch name (at where you have your bank account) so that head office can find it.

Are the additional three digits necessary? If the funds arrive at the HQ, shouldn't I be able to withdraw it from any branch?

2d9ed811
Community Member

You will get the funds. Just write xxx as the last three digits. I hope this will solve your queries.

e9fca7c5
Community Member

What is swift code of Nayapay

83dfb73d
Community Member

So, here's the deal: SWIFT codes are like the secret handshake of international bank transfers. They're these 8 or 11 character codes that identify the bank, country, city, and branch of the person you're sending money to. If your bank doesn't have a specific SWIFT code for your branch, no worries! You can just use the generic one for the bank headquarters, as long as you give them the right branch address and account number. Easy peasy, right?

But hey, to play it safe, it's always a good idea to double-check with your bank and the recipient's bank before making any international transfers. Different banks have different rules and requirements for SWIFT transfers, and you don't want to risk losing your hard-earned cash or delaying your transaction. Pro tip: tools like Wise can help you check SWIFT codes and exchange rates for your transfer. 

Hope this info helps! If you've got any more questions, just ask away. 😊

bbaf396b
Community Member

please tell me what is the swift code for TOBA TEK SINGH BANK AL HABIB BRANCH?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members