cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad Truth, But the new system affected a lot of us.

Highlighted
John Robert J Member Since: Apr 14, 2015
1 of 6

I started focusing at odesk/upwork May last year and i am earning atleast 400-600 in 2014
and this is my earnings for 2015, then Connect System Implemented.

January 2015 - $600+
February 2015 - $600+

March 2015 - $800-

April Connect system was implemented.

April - $130+

May - $100+

Maybe i should find a new job.

sad truth.jpg

Highlighted
Rose N Member Since: May 24, 2015
2 of 6

I am not sure how this page works but can you clarify onething. I am trying to offer my service and not sure if i am supposet to be a freelancer of upwork page. It ask questions as if i am looking for workers when i am wanting to be a worker. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 6

Hi Rose,

When you signed up for an account on Upwork, you were asked whether you wanted to hire and create a client account or work and create a freelancer account. In any case, you can have both client and freelancer profiles tied to your Upwork account. Go to your Settings to add an client-company or freelancer profile.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
4 of 6

As a freelancer, you should always account for dry spells. Also maybe you shouldn't depend solely on upwork for your income. I wouldn't give up on upwork completely. Obviously you are still finding work here, but just go out and expand your sources of income.

Highlighted
Amandeep S Member Since: Apr 25, 2015
5 of 6

I dont know if Upwork do listen to al the freelancers. even the top rated one are in Panic mode after this Js and connect system. Please dont ever think to settle down on upwork keep working on it as well as on other platforms too. They are not in a mood to listen.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
6 of 6

Try raising your rates and specialize on a category and go from there.

To be honest, I also once had trouble with the new system but as I realized my clients were all long term, I barely touch my connects after April ended. I'm either fortunate or I just wrapped myself around the system and make it work for me.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS