🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Salesforce Certifications
Page options
alsinann
Community Member

Salesforce Certifications

Mostly, when I go through the jobs posted for Salesforce domain, I can see clients asking for certifications for specific jobs. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT CERTIFIED IN THIS AND THAT, like things.

The reality is to know that Salesforce certification is only like a gateway, like if we have B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) as a qualification for applying for a coroporate IT job, but everyone knows that passing B.Tech doesn't say you are good for coding/development. It has to be achieved through experience and domain knowledge.

Same is the case for certification, someone may have the certification, but it doesn't mean it's the only criteria for filtering for a specific project. There can be many freelancers out there who has got great exposure in specific domains. So try to talk and filter based on the past projects and the experience they have when posting jobs and filtering proposals (I am saying from a Salesforce domain perspective and it doesn't mean certified freelancers have no value, but this is a freelance platform and not a corporate job site)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You'll need to tell this to the clients, then. Just because somebody states a preference, it doesn't mean that you can't apply anyway. But if I were working in a field in which a certification would help me get hired, then I would get certified.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You'll need to tell this to the clients, then. Just because somebody states a preference, it doesn't mean that you can't apply anyway. But if I were working in a field in which a certification would help me get hired, then I would get certified.

You are correct, and I am also certified developer. But, regarding Salesforce, we have too many certifications that can be taken, for various things like, community, service cloud etc etc.

So this means if someone doesn't have once of those doesn't mean they are not fit for that position.

I have seen clients saying 'Do not apply without 'this' certification', that's what I mentioned.

Thank you.

The client holds complete autonomy in determining their preferred collaboration approach.

As a certified Salesforce Professional, I  understand your considerations regarding the relevance of multiple certifications in executing Salesforce projects.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members