🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Saved search list
Page options
rainmaker1145
Community Member

Saved search list

Today, when I went to look for my work, I noticed that my saved searches had been removed from the desktop version.  However, they are still accesible through the mobile app.  Is there anyway to have the saved searches show up in the desktop version?  This would make searching for work a lot easier. 

Thank you in advance.

171 REPLIES 171
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Clinton,

We're testing some changes on Find Work page to help talent use their feeds and search more effectively. As a part of this test, your saved searches will show if you click on My Feed tab on the left hand panel. Please, note that saved searches power your Feed and allow you to configure it to show the jobs you'd like to see.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

I realise you will always get push back on UI changes, however...

Saved Searches are more primary than Recent Searches

I would make the comment that Saved Searches are much more important and primary than Recent Searches – which remain in the Find Work left-panel navigation UI (and they take up a lot of space).

Scrolling is required to see a longer list of searches

If you have more than 4 or 5 saved searches, not only is the freelancer an extra click away from accessing their searches, the freelancer has then to scroll to the right in order to see their remaining searches.

In addition to that it's not possible to scroll across the list with a touch gesture, as I just attempted on my iPad.

Up to 3 extra clicks are required to find some searches

Upwork has just put hurdles up to freelancers finding appropriate jobs in accordance with their own preferences.

The 'bubble' design doesn't make sense

Implemented as they are, the bubbles for these searches in their new location are less easy to read than their old equivalents in the Find Work left-panel UI, in smaller type, and in (dark)grey-on-grey text.

Their design is also the same as the bubbles which denote the technical skills required for projects in the feed below.

That doesn't make intuitive sense - those technical skills bubbles are primarily for incidental informational purposes; but the freelancers' searches are a primary navigational tool on the page.

To be intuitive, to stand out distinctly as a navigational feature, and to be appropriately legible, they should be larger in size and not implemented in the same colours as the technical skill requirement bubbles below.

All other key navigation on these pages is in larger type, and most of those are green in colour.

So this is a relegation in more than one sense in the UI.

Freelancers' own searches are important to them

I take it that Upwork believes that their algorithms are smarter than their freelancers...

But I like my own configured searches - they are there for good reason - and I'd much prefer them to be front-and-center on the Find Work page, as they were – they are my primary method of finding appropriate projects.

Tag-cloud > single row scroll list

At least if Upwork is going to insist on relegating these searches to 'My Feed', could they please be re-worked in this UI redesign so that the text is a little bigger, use some green colour to denote that they are a navigational feature, and that they appear as more than one row of 'text bubbles'?

Kind of like a tag cloud at the top of the feed, rather than being implemented as a single row with a scroll function to access those searches which do not fit (very much a pita tbh).

Thanks so much for sharing your observations and feedback, Anthony! This is very helpful and I've already shared your comment with the product team. We'll look into that issue with scrolling on iPad as well.

~ Valeria
Upwork

In addition, Valeria, I notice another difficulty brought about by the new location of our saved searches 👇

Frequently-used Saved Searches could be hidden by the scroll feature

A freelancer's favored / most-used search or searches might only be accessible by scrolling across the list of saved searches at the top of the My Feed page.

This represents an additional loss of immediacy of access to these regularly-used searches compared to their previous location in the left-nav of the Find Work page UI.

Feature Request: Ability to Re-Order Saved Searches

A helpful and hopefully minor new feature to add would be for the freelancer to be able to change the order of their saved searches.

Currently, when we use the Edit Saved Searches feature and are presented with its dialog, we are only able to delete the search, or to click through to modify & run it.

It would be beneficial if in this Edit Saved Searches dialog, the freelancer had the ability to pick up, drag and position their saved searches in the list — thus enabling the Freelancer to ensure that their most commonly-used and valued searches are immediately presented when browsing the My Feed page — without having to use the scroll feature (which will in this scenario become a very repetitive exercise).

Hi Anthony, thank you so much for the feedback and the thoughtful layout. We are taking all your points into consideration. We are also looking into the issue you highlighted regarding swiping on your iPad. Can you please share which iPad you're using and the version of ios? 

Hi Hannah,

I had missed your reply with regards to the updated My Feed page and the inability to swipe left and right across the list of Saved Searches using the iPad.

The iPad I am using is a 7th Generation model running iPadOS 14.5.1. 

Valeria K wrote:

We're testing some changes on Find Work page to help talent use their feeds and search more effectively. As a part of this test, your saved searches will show if you click on My Feed tab on the left hand panel. Please, note that saved searches power your Feed and allow you to configure it to show the jobs you'd like to see.

This change is not helpful and makes search less effective, not more. It now takes multiple clicks to scroll through the saved search list to find the filtered list we're looking for. We also now have to scan two directions to find the option we want, since some items are listed on the left side and some are on the scroll bar. Previously, we just had to scan up and down on the left, and we didn't have to remember that the option we're looking for is a saved search vs a category to know where to look.

To make this page more effective, please put the saved searches back the way they were, and default the page to "My Feed" vs "US Only" to save another click (or remember the user's last choice). 

And, this new Most Recent option that was just added to the page? It says it lists the most recent jobs that match my skills and profile description. The first jobs on it are logo design, SaaS development,  Amazon storefront setup, public relations strategist, illustrator, voiceover talent, website migration, Hubspot development, tax prep, etc.

I'm an editor. None of this is remotely close to my skills or profile description.

I agree!  I really liked the My Feed vs US Only.  This is now a mess to work through.

williambernal
Community Member

job feed is also wiped clean. I can no longer access the invaluable filters I've depended on for years.

This happened 48 hours ago and right now searching for new jobs is not worth the time and effort.

What gives UW?

wb

Hi William,

I have merged your post with the thread about the same topic to keep feedback and discussion in one place. We appreciate you sharing your experience and information about how you use your feed. I'd like to note that your saved searches are still there. To access them, click on the "My Feed" tab on the left hand panel and you'll see them at the top of the feed.

~ Bojan
Upwork

This is not applicable in the mobile app.  However, on the desktop version all you have to do is double click in an empty search input field.

sparkesusan
Community Member

For some reason the "my feed" page is gone today.  Is it lumped in with the "most recent" now?

Hi Susan,

I can see the My Feed link under your Find Jobs page. Please, note that if you save some searches, those saved searches will power your My Feed. Check out this help center article for more information about how to save searches and configure your My Feed to your needs.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ok, how do I turn that off so My Feed comes back?

Hi Susan,

Please go to Find Work or Job Search and create a saved search for your job feed as explained in this help center article. This will configure your "My Feed" as per your needs. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I did look at that.  My problem is that the My Feed is gone.  The information on deleting searches doesn't work.  I don't get a trash can or the three dots.  I've tried.  I just want the My Feed showing again.  That's where I get most of my jobs.

Why can't I see my feed on the PC, but I can see it on my Kindle and phone? I don't have any job searches saved. So that isn't the issue.  

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Susan,

My Feed now contains jobs only from saved searches. If you did not have any saved searches from before you'll find the same jobs in the Most Recent feed. If you add a saved search you'll see the My Feed again and it will be populated with jobs fulfilling that search. 

Good to know, thank you.

69072ceb
Community Member

Hello,

Can't see my saved searches in my "find work" tab for some reasons. It does show me some recent searches but not the saved searches with the names I gave them.

Any help with that?

Cheers,

Antonio

Hi Antonio,

Could you try to add your saved search results again and let me know if you experience any other problems with your search results? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

You mean there is no way to recreate the saved searches?

anyway, tried to save one of my searches but did not show up.

Hi Antonio,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly there. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Since yesterday, my "most recent" jobs tab is full of irrelevant jobs. I have gone through some articles mentioning I should check my selected categories and clear my cache and cookies.

I have selected only 3 categories, none of which is anywhere close to Designing or Translations, whoose jobs I am seeing now in my feed. I have even cleared all of my cookies as well but no success getting rid of those.

Note: It was working prefectly fine 1 or 2 days ago.

Somebody please have a look in my profile and let me know if there is something wrong.

Thanks,

Fakhar

Hi Fakhar,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Why I don't have 'My Feed' option where the latest jobs appear?

Check the attached screenshot for a better understanding.

Please sort out the issue for me, thanks.

Hi Sohail,

For your job feeds to show on your  'find new job section', you need to choose the perfect category and skills to see the recent job posting. Doing that, you will be able to see the latest job posting pertinent to your skills in 'Find work' section. Hope this helps

Hi Sohail,

Please go to Find Work or Job Search and create a saved search for your job feed as explained in this help center article. This will configure your "My Feed" as per your needs. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello there,

I am not seeing the 'My Feed' tab anymore since I refreshed my category. Also, the communication section is blank on 'My stats'. Can anyone help?

Thank you. 

Hi Arnab,

I've merged your post into another thread discussing Job Feed and saved searches. In general, My Feed is powered by your saved searches and will consist of the jobs that fit the query and filters you use when saving those searches. If you don't have any saved searches, you may not see My Feed tab at all, but I see that you've saved a couple and the tab is showing on your Find Work page now. 

Communication section of My Stats is based on the invites you've received in the past 90 days, so if you haven't received any during that period of time, it'd be empty.

I hope this information helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I no longer see the button that directs one to click and see new jobs.

Hi Michael,

Are you referring to the 'My Feed' tab? If so, it's powered by your saved searches and will consist of the jobs that fit the query and filters you use when saving those searches. If you don't have any saved searches, you may not see the 'My Feed' tab at all. You can go to Find Work or Job Search and create a saved search for your job feed as explained in this help center article. This will configure your 'My Feed' tab to suit your needs.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

A few days ago, My Job Feed page had a "My feed" option where it showed latest job postings.

Now it has disappeared suddenly.

Please note: The "My feed" option shows when I access with my android phone, but not when I'm using laptop.

Hi Ghazali,

'My Feed' is powered by your saved searches and will consist of the jobs that fit the query and filters you use when saving those searches. If you don't have any saved searches, you may not see the 'My Feed' tab at all. You can go to Find Work or Job Search and create a saved search for your job feed as explained in this help center article. This will configure your 'My Feed' tab to suit your needs.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
shah889
Community Member

Hi,

I have also faced the same problem. can help you me, please.

Regards, 

Feroz shah

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Feroz,

Please go to Find Work or Job Search and create a saved search for your job feed as explained in this help center article. This will configure your "My Feed" as per your needs. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I usually get 4-5 notifications in a row for a new Job........."Office 365 IT Admin support Agent"  all posted to the Graphic Design Category(Not sure why as they don't fit the definition)

Is there a reason they are being applied to this Category? 

Hi Russell,

Could you please clarify if you're referring to your Job Feed? If so, could you please try adding Saved Searches?  In general, My Feed is powered by your saved searches and will consist of the jobs that fit the query and filters you use when saving those searches.

Thanks! 

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths