cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Work Diary as CSV file

Ace Contributor
Chris M Member Since: Jun 8, 2010
1 of 3

A long-term client (a printing company) has asked me to provide information on charges incurred during fiscal 2016 for a particular client of theirs.  I don't see any way to save the work diary information to an excel file.  If I could do that, I would be able to sort the resulting document using the "memo" column so that all those charges would be listed together and I could easily give her a total.

I don't think this is available, but if it is I'd like to know how.  If it's not, I'd like to make the suggestion that it be made available.  It would be helpful, I'm sure, to many of us. 

I got the information I needed, but had to filter the work diary to list the entire year and then look for the individual charges visually and add up the amounts.

In this instance my work diary would have my contract holder's name selected and the memo would be "name of my client's client + work I'm doing for them" -- i.e. "Company A - Postcard" "Company A - Poster" -- and now my client needs to know how much was charged to them for Company A last year.  Hope that makes sense.

CManley

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Chris,

Your client should be able to do it on their end in their own Reports. If they go to Reports> Custom Export, they can select to export timesheets for a selected period of time. They can select Memo to be one of the columns. Here is how the option will look on their end:

Screenshot_10.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Chris M Member Since: Jun 8, 2010
3 of 3

Thank you Valeria.  This is very helpful.  It would be really great if freelancers could also generate this type of report for our clients when they ask, but I will certainly pass this along to my client in this instance.

Thanks again,

Chris

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS