b_hinton

Scam Alert!!

I have two e-mails that I'd like to forward to you.  What made me suspicious is they didn't want to sign on the "Tracker".  I truely believed they were legit, but when I woke up the next morning, and I saw no change on this website, I immediately cut off communications.  I am informin you now, because I just found this messener post.  I was so disappointed when I found out they were scammmers.  My point is, some people are useing this to contact unsuspecting people, looking for legitemate work.  The name is

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brigitte,

I've checked and both clients you mentioned were removed from the platform a week ago for violating our ToS. Your suspicions were justified and users shouldn't start working without an active contract, should only accept to paid through the platform and should never pay in order to be able to work on a job.

Here are some great tips for recognizing questionable jobs.

Untitled

It doesn't appear that they have been blocked. They interviewed me today on Google Hangouts.

@Mariah D wrote:

It doesn't appear that they have been blocked. They interviewed me today on Google Hangouts.

It is one of the oldest (10 years plus) and plumpest scams on the net. "They" are not one, there are thousands of scammers who use every platform and follow the same technique hoping to find the fast dwindling numbers of people who haven't heard of it years ago.

One gets banned, another pops up. The good news is that once you get more experience you spot them 100 yards against the wind, and they will leave you alone.

Experienced freelancers are hardly ever targeted by them.