🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam? Help
Page options
bethnorris21
Community Member

Scam? Help

I am a freelancer and was hired for a job taking a call from a sales person pretending to be a customer. However on the call the man was very intimidating and agressive, had paid for trustnet reviews and the website was clearly a trading scam. The call ended up taking 3x the proposed time. For all these reasons I came back to the client and said I didn't want to proceed with the job. He begged me to proceeded, the company i called has continued to call me on my personal number and my account was hacked yesterday. Im a seasoned freelancer on other platforms but this is a first for me. I am quite scared and unsure what to do and cannot work out how to request help from upwork.

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Were you actually hired by that client? If not, you should never have given them your number (it is actually a violation of Upwork's terms of service to communicate off the platform before a contract is in place)

Which "account" was hacked yesterday? What does that have to do with that client? Did you give them and credentials?

Simply block the client on Upwork and the strange numbers on your phone, change all your passwords and upgrade your security software.

You can just flag the job post as inappropriate to report them and explain in the text field.

Yes I was actually hired - my phone was used to make the call for the job. My upwork account was logged into by someone shortly after our exchange took place - I dont think I gave them any details it might just be a coincidence.

Thank you I will do that.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members