🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam/Phising email with the address of Upwork
Page options
drmier
Community Member

Scam/Phising email with the address of Upwork

Hello everyone,

I just recently reveived the email attached telling me that I'm "**Edited for community guidelines**" and that upwork it's inviting me to "free assessment".

Be careful if you received this, I checked the source code and all the links take you to the same place. The creepy part it's that the servers in the source code are **Edited for community guidelines**, all those domains looked valid...

The case it's now reported and I sent the source code with IP to verify, let's wait what Upwork IT Team will determine... Stay alert just in case

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

It's not a Scam or Phishing.

It's perfectly real.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

It's not a Scam or Phishing.

It's perfectly real.

drmier
Community Member

Got it, thanks. I will took off my tin foil hat then. I made a comment on Iliana's post about expert vetted... are you able to remove that one (I erase as much as I could). Just to avoid spam the community there?

I would erase this but I prefer to left it here just in case another suspicious freelancer can find it.

Sure, I'll go ahead and remove that post, David.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks!

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi David,

I can confirm that this email did come from Upwork team. You may have already seen our announcement post about the new badges here. If you're interested in participating in the program and taking the assessment, feel free to follow the instructions in the email.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi, Valeria. I found this topic because I received a similar announcement by email and wondered if it was legit.

What I would like to know is, why can't Upwork send these sorts of messages to us within the platform so we don't have to wonder if they are safe or not?

Yours truly,

David Pattillo

Hi David,

I'll be sure to share your feedback with the team for consideration. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths