🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Scam/Spamming feeds
Page options
d_samuel_udokpok
Community Member

Scam/Spamming feeds

Has anyone noticed recently the amount of spamming/scam jobs posted on Upwork? It becoming alarming, my entire feed is full of such job postings. My entire job feed is full of such postings. I'm even tired of flagging them.

Example

"Hi, how are you doing today here?? I need a website builder developer and designer for my new website project anyone available and interested kindly get back to me in my email so I can  share the project requirements my email below **Edited for community guidelines** "

What is Upwork doing in this regard? They're becoming just too much

13 REPLIES 13
martina_plaschka
Community Member

I have noticed it. 

d_samuel_udokpok
Community Member

What is Upwork doing about it? It's becoming just too rampant

yofazza
Community Member

Looks like they're doing something but kind of useless.

There's another thread in this Freelancers forum about someone who just lost $1000+ to a scam where the scammer needs to write 𝐛𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐧 (instead of boss son) in the job title. Most likely this is because that phrase is auto-filtered/flagged, but as you see it's so easily countered and people still fall into it.

I also just opened my most recent jobs feed, only three of them that is not a scam.

I use custom search in my RSS feed to browse for jobs. I see almost no scam.

I stopped flagging the scams.

JoanneP

Hi David,

If you see a job or a profile that seems suspicious, please report it to us using the flagging option. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I've been flagging but it seems the more I flagged them, the more the keep coming

I think that when most freelancers come to Upwork, they expect that Upwork would have filtered out most of the scams and would not be depending on freelancers to do that for themselves, nor to do it for Upwork.

matt1815
Community Member

I've been with Upwork for a long time, and have never seen spamming like this. I'd say that 90% of my job offers these days are spam. Four months ago, I'm not sure I received a single one. Something definitely needs to be done. Completely ruining the experience for me

Exactly, It's ruining the experience 

josefina_hansson
Community Member

This!! It is so frustrating in the last few days I've had about 10 job offers like this, asking me to contact them via whatsapp etc. 

I received similar offers as well. I also received offers asking me to attend a webinar. 

natashasr
Community Member

I've noticed this, too - a lot of job posts with contact information and unverified payment methods offering huge hourly rates. I can't flag them all, since there are dozens of them!

pgiambalvo
Community Member

No, I have not noticed this.

luchianvictor
Community Member

I've lost 50% of my connects just to realize that most of my feed is full of Scam. All replies are identical linking me to telegram or whatsapp. Upwork, please address this issue ASAP, the whole experience and reputation of Upwork is being ruined right now. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths