🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam account
Page options
7eff984b
Community Member

Scam account

I'm new here and I've been really struggling to even get a response from job listings. I'm ashamed to say I fell for this request to do a "test" to get the job.

Client clearly just wants to get free work. (Screenshot attached)

The job listing is titled

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Robert,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. Our team will investigate the client further for violations of our TOS and take proper actions.
Just to confirm that, you can always use the "Flag as inappropriate" option on each job post to report suspicious activity. Our team will receive your report and investigate it further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

To be honest, I don't know what is more of a scam - people like the aforementioned

Or Upwork for charging people just to submit proposals and then taking a 20% cut on their work.

Especially when you know that people will be spending credits with no idea whether the account is a scam or not!!

And now I won't get my credits back for this application because they replied to me...

Hi Robert,

We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. I can also recommend checking out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members