🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Scam alert ( asking for offsite payment )
Page options
codeitsmart
Community Member

Scam alert ( asking for offsite payment )

I got an job interview . so we tried to call each other via upwork . then som how he asked me my no . so i gave him my no . he asked me for 
1. free of cost job 
2. offsite payment 
even he ask me he always offer and hire freelancer from upwork and pay offsite . when i deny to go offsite payment and deny for free of cost job n all he misbehabed with me . 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Project link Im sure client always hire freelancer make offsite payment . I thought to report to you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a48596b2
Community Member

This is private job!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
a48596b2
Community Member

This is private job!

petra_r
Community Member

Abhishek G wrote:

then som how he asked me my no . so i gave him my no . 

You violated Upwork's new terms of service by giving him your number and talking to him on the phone.

Abhishek G wrote:

I thought to report to yo

And report yourself for the policy violation as well. 

I called him via upwork twice . even he called me via upwork once . 
but we cant hear each other . then he asked my no . so i gave him . he asked me he wants to discuss bout the task ...
but when he called me he offer me that . then he said he always pay freelancer offsite . when i deny he got angry .

Abhishek:

I appreciate your report about this incident.

You were smart to not agree to get paid offsite. Most clients who say they will pay offsite are simply trying trick freelancers into working for free. They don't intend to pay the freelancer any money ever.

And no matter what they say, it is a serious violation of Upwork ToS to accept off-site payments.

I understand that Upwork's built-in video- and audio-calling functionality doesn't always work well. Upwork is trying to improve it.

Until you have an actual Upwork contract in place, you can communicate with text-based messages in Upwork's tool. And if a client really wants to talk to you on the phone, he can send you an official "Hire" offer. Once you have been hired with a contract, you may talk on the phone, or via Skype, Zoom, GoToMeeting... anything.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abhishek,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about their request for free work and offering payments off Upwork? I'll be sure to escalate is to the correct team for their review.

Please note that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Terms of Service and all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the “Flag as Inappropriate” option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Sir check yor inbox 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members