🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam or not
Page options
a81712a5
Community Member

Scam or not

I am new on upwork. I applied and get hired by two employers. One is for data entry . They send me a link for telegram on upwork. After chatting interview they send me the appointment letter. And now they send me a mobile deposit check. I am confused what should I do ? And same thing for second job they just send me questionnaire on email I answered and they sent me the appointment letter and a mobile deposit check of 3000 dollars to purchase equipments. What to do 

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

It's a scam.

You need to learn more about Upwork.

You need to read more about scams on Upwork.

You're not ready to use the platform to earn money yet.

9f09509d
Community Member

It's a scam. Genuine Upwork clients will not agree to payments outside the platform. Report their account and avoid falling for this.

elisa_b
Community Member

Please go to the Academy page and learn how to use Upwork safely. Read also this: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Stop applying to jobs immediately, because it is clear you do not know how the platform works. Come back after you did your homework. By the way, it is expressly prohibited to talk to clients outside of Upwork before a contract is in place.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths