🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam or real
Page options
chowdhury-prasen
Community Member

Scam or real

This guy on upwork hired me as mystery shopper. But he wants me to buy 3-4 SIM cards every week for different IP to register on some scammy looking websites and now he asking me to fund some account with a real bank and he is providing me a virtual Monzo bank card of UK TO REGISTER on this crypto website . I’m really scared what this guy upto .
Can someone suggest is this some form of scam where I am his Guinea pig to felicitating his work . He already spent thousands as a upwork client .

Please help as I don’t want to do anything illegal
2 REPLIES 2
roberty1y
Community Member

Sounds pretty weird. But if you don't give him any of your personal or financial details and don't violate Upwork's terms of service there's nothing wrong with the job.

tlbp
Community Member

Prasenjit C wrote:
This guy on upwork hired me as mystery shopper. But he wants me to buy 3-4 SIM cards every week for different IP to register on some scammy looking websites and now he asking me to fund some account with a real bank and he is providing me a virtual Monzo bank card of UK TO REGISTER on this crypto website . I’m really scared what this guy upto .
Can someone suggest is this some form of scam where I am his Guinea pig to felicitating his work . He already spent thousands as a upwork client .

Please help as I don’t want to do anything illegal

Whether scam or not, it violates the TOS because you awill receive virtual $ outside of Upwork. 

However, I think it is a scam. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members