🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Scam posts are on the increase
Page options
antonynaude
Community Member

Scam posts are on the increase

I have been noting an increase of scam post latetly, especially over the weekends. Same job decsitption, including the grammatical errors, for excessive earnings just to retype documents, but supposedly from different countries.

I flag them but I never get any feedback.

Anyone else noticing this?

10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Antony,

Could you share the job post URL with me via PM (click on my name) so that I can check the details? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Yes. Dozens of threads on this subject. I have been very diligently flagging them in the past, and telling everybody in the forum to do that to in order to keep the platform safer for everybody yada yada yada, but I don't do that any longer. My middle finger hurts from all that flagging, and I really need it for driving. 

Seriously, it's an avalanche that upwork needs to stop at their end, and I hope they will do that really soon. 

My middle finger hurts from all that flagging, and I really need it for driving

Sure sure 😏

antonynaude
Community Member

maybe Upwork could "credit us" with connects for each successful one flagged

Antony N wrote:

maybe Upwork could "credit us" with connects for each successful one flagged

We'd end up with even more scam posts because people will create them so they can flag them and win connects.

Probably, and then end up with 2 bazillion connects.

antonynaude
Community Member

looks like scams are here to stay...

Maybe job posts need to be validated when something like this is posted "We need workers to convert word files to  pdf files" and the budget is $4000 or "Retyping documents from PDF form to words" for $2000

Antony N wrote:

looks like scams are here to stay...

Maybe job posts need to be validated when something like this is posted "We need workers to convert word files to  pdf files" and the budget is $4000 or "Retyping documents from PDF form to words" for $2000

Like everybody else, I hope that upwork finds a better way to get rid of these scammers. I would never apply to such a laughable job, even if it was in my niche. You would never apply to such a laughable job. So what is it that makes people apply to them? Things that sound too good to be true must be true? I don't know, you tell me. 

pgiambalvo
Community Member

deleted

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes. They are removed and then pop up again and again, sometimes within minutes.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths