🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Scam
Page options
grammarlion
Community Member

Scam

I believe this is a scam.

They contacted me to invite me to interview. When I emailed the person I was supposed to schedule with, he mentioned "training" and a project rate higher than what's in the original post and higher than the norm. He asked if I do Google hangouts, and I said no, I'd prefer to talk on the phone but would first like to know more about the company and "training.? Then, no reply . . . This is the second scam I've seen in two weeks, as a newcomer to Upwork. Both involve "training"--which makes no sense for the nature of work. Thanks for looking into this.

**Edited for community guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
robin_hyman
Community Member

Please flag the job post and write about your experience in the comments field. 

Thank you, Robin. I did as you suggested. Where does that show on the job listing? Thanks!

Great. Upwork support will be notified and will address ASAP. It doesn’t show up on the job post.

If the job is in violation of Upwork TOS, the job will be removed and freelancers who applied to the job will get their connects returned.

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for flagging this to us. I was able to gather more valuable information from your report and will update our team with it to help their investigation. 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members